Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why do ppl listen to hype?

• 01-11-1999 4:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

just wondering...
    have been reading here over the pst few months about why ppl didnt like films and stuff when they see them. usually the bigger events like blair witch and star wars one

so why do ppl listen to all the hype?
    why dont ppl just go to see a film for the films sake and not just so they can sound like barry norman afterwards and tell everyone how crap a film is.
    dont understand it meself.
    you might even enjoy a film every once in a while....
    god forbid!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

sometimes you cant help but listen to it.

Its the sheep mentality.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Well I'd love to go into hibernation until a film arrives but it just wouldn't work. Besides I tend to take hype into account and try to enjoy the film despite it.
    I'm sure the people who, for example, didn't like the Blair Witch had their reasons but sometimes I just can't help thinking that after hearing verious things like "scariest film ever" etc. that there are people who will go to see it absolutely determined NOT to be scared and of course there's the macho type approach - "scary my *****- I laughed at most of it".

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

98% of people listen to hype cos they're mindless trogs who are unable to make up their own minds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I agree.

smile.gif

Advertisement