Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - R4

• 19-09-2004 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭

Since we don't have a radio board in the Arts section, this seems the most approporiate place...
    There is a theory which states if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened!

To all fans of Douglas Adams' cult classic, BBC Radio 4 is taking the Guide back to its roots, and is to begin broadcasting a new series based on the three books that were never dramatised for radio, those of course being Life, The Universe And Everything, So Long And Thanks For All The Fish and Mostly Harmless. The new series is starting this Tuesday at 6.30pm GMT, repeated on Thursday at 11pm GMT, and hosted online for seven days after the Thursday repeat. The live broadcasts can also be listened to live online, you'll need Real Player in order to.

Enjoy!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

We do have a radio forum in the music section (don't ask why)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=188107

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Ah, I guess that makes sense in a nonsensical kind of way...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Listened to a trailer via /. the other day, it was wonderful to hear many of the same voices doing new stuff.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

okay hang on. lol no dunno what im talking about.

But i had a fiver bet with my dad there were 4 books in HHGTTG. Now he won, cos he said there were 5, and showed me 'internet documentation' of there being five.

is he ACTUALLY right?

brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

He's right. The books are: The HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy (1979), The Resturant at the End of the Universe (1980), Life, The Universe and Everything (1982), So Long and Thanks for All The Fish (1984), and Mostly Harmless (1992).

See if you can win your fiver back by challenging him to list their release dates :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

nah i'll let him off. I won 200e last year for the whole David Blaine thing.

I said he'd stay in for 40 days, he said no that their would be some catch.

To this day he still reckons ill out it back, he just keeps saying, You'll see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its on right now!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement