Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Police Story

• 19-09-2004 4:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone seen this new movie by Jackie Chan yet and what's your thoughts on it? I don't think it'll be out in the Irish cinemas will it? I've only seen a bit of the old Police Story and it was good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Police Story 3 wasn't great, so I wouldn't rush out to see it personally, but it might be worth a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

PS3 (Supercop) was a good few years ago and PS4 (First Strike) was alright. Bit different to the older ones mind.
    I'd check New Police Story out if it had a theatrical release here. Wouldn't bet on it but who knows. After the Medallion I'd be suprised to see anymore Chan stuff in the cinema (never saw Around the World mind)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

iv seen the trailer and imo it looks class..
    i look forward to this one. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

around the world is truly truly awful. Chan is brilliant but the film is awful. The medallion was okay though I thought. I hope chan goes away from these comedy roles though and does some hard hard stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

from the trailer it looks like much more serious than his recent work and alot of his old work. .

trailers here:http://admin.emg.com.hk/preview2/asx/nps/trailer2_big5.asx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

elvis2002 wrote:
    around the world is truly truly awful. Chan is brilliant but the film is awful. The medallion was okay though I thought. I hope chan goes away from these comedy roles though and does some hard hard stuff.

"Around the World" was the worst film of the year but it was aimed at 5 year olds. But Chan has always done "these comedy roles". Granted, some of comedy is questionable but I don't see this formulaic sequence stopping unless, of course, people stop going to see it.

I just got the original Police Story second hand for €3.99 in Gamestop today! YAY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭iasc

Police Story 1-3 boxset is out in 3 days, fully remastered etc

http://www.dddhouse.com/dddhouse/en/index.jsp?action=productDetail&productID=4004

only around €30 from dddhouse, pretty good price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I just got the original Police Story second hand for €3.99 in Gamestop today! YAY!

Great film, as is 2.
    Classic Jackie Chan.

Must get hold of Drunken Master while I'm at it, but I doubt I'll find it for 3.99.

• Advertisement

Is the disc in good condition? I was going to buy Tube for a fiver in game recantly but I wasnt sure about returns on preowned DVDs if they dont work properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

If it doesn't work I'm sure they'll have to refund you.
    Goods must be of merchantable quality, or something like that.

Yep, it works fine... few scatches, but nothing major.

Advertisement