Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Attention GAA Fans

• 19-09-2004 5:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭

Lads, wearing GAA jerseys in a pub on a saturday night is not fashionable, its sad, and whats worse the jerseys themselves look ****e...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I wholeheartedly agree. Much as I like country folk, their fashion sense is dismally inadequate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Who says they want to be fashionable? Can a person not go to the pub to meet their friends wearing what they are comfortable in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i dont wear gaa jerseys (not really into it), but if im going to the pub, ill wear what evers comfortable. not whats 'fashonable'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

and didnt u know being unfashionable is so in fashion ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭dendenz

Nuttzz wrote:
    Lads, wearing GAA jerseys in a pub on a saturday night is not fashionable, its sad, and whats worse the jerseys themselves look ****e...

I hate GAA myself but its a free world. So if you went out in your Ben Sherman shirt/Armani whatever designer shirt, your Levis/Wranglers and your sparkling black shoes could we call you a yuppie or a poser? No we would'nt, everyone has the right to wear what they want pal.

Anyways end of ran, whose for tea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

i think the dublin one looks really well on girls, dublin jersey and one or two others are only nice jerseys tho, i hate the gaa on principle so id never wear one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

I don't particularly like GAA heads but really loath people hate GAA heads. They're usually very bent :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

i think the dublin one looks really well on girls

oh dear, that is just marginally above nacker sluts in Celtic jerseys on the fashion hell scale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

:D A friend of mine wore his GAA jersey in America, he got some funny looks becuase they thought he was making a political statement.... see below :p

wicklow_home_04.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Its more embaressing if your wearing a Kilkenny Jersey in a pub at this presant time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Nuttzz wrote:
    So where do you stand on other sports attire in a pub (Soccer jerseys, Rugby jerseys, tracksuits, Runners)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Imposter wrote:
    So where do you stand on other sports attire in a pub (Soccer jerseys, Rugby jerseys, tracksuits, Runners)?

I think they are equally as bad, I can understand them been worn on the day of a big match and even the night before (like an All Ireland Saturday Night) but other than I just dont get it unless its a case of look at me I a <insert county here> man.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

dendenz wrote:
    I hate GAA myself but its a free world. So if you went out in your Ben Sherman shirt/Armani whatever designer shirt, your Levis/Wranglers and your sparkling black shoes could we call you a yuppie or a poser? No we would'nt
    No we'd call someone in a Ben Sherman shirt a dressed-up knacker....

Coming from a Comp. Sci. background, let people wear what they want if they're going to a pub. If you're going to a club, maybe make more of an effort but if you don't want to it's only potentially your loss. I don't get the GAA thing, but then I don't really get sports in general but it's not my call to say you shouldn't...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Don't judge a book by its cover, but I'd say a GAA shirt is a big step up from any football shirt. And why is that rugby shirts are acceptable, where most other sports shirts arent? Is it just because of the material they're made of?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭country_gurl

well im sick of seeing young wans with skirts like belts that u can see 3 quarters of their arsé, its not nice to look at... the guys might like it but they sure as hell arent after their personality. As for GAA shirts at least it'd cover half their arsés...and going down your local why cant you wear it? And why should people get dressed up going to the pub.. ? If your going to meet some1 and they become your partner why cant they see you in casual clothes... least they know what they getting. Dont see why there is an emphasis on "going out gear" and "no runners/trainers allowed"
    Oh and Tipp top... we're only getting a taste of what ye've had for the last 3 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

what is really poxy is when you see fellas in pub wearing a rugby shirt of some team they never heard of or dont even know who plays for them,then the same people give stick to people who wear county jerseys which they actually have an identity and bond with.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I reckon a lot of this conversation depends on the night in question. Week nights to me are casual nights and most pubs that usally enforce dress codes relax said codes during the week (they don't want to turn away the little business they get).
    Wear whatever the hell you like during the week. But if its the weekend I would normally not expect to see a sports jersey because of dress codes being implemented.
    Pubs do it to make their place look more trendy and also to avoid rivalry realted arguments breaking out.
    Rugby jerseys are generally more acceptable because rugby players don't have the reputation of being hooligans or raw cuclchie's that would bust someone for the craic (stereotyping - i know - but generally true).

Wear what you want but don't use your clothes to make a statement that most don't give a **** about.

And to throw it open further - goths, now there's one thing i don't ever wanna see when i'm out drinking for fear of throwing up. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

well im sick of seeing young wans with skirts like belts that u can see 3 quarters of their arsé, its not nice to look at...

Yeah! Me too, I wanna see all of it.

Advertisement