Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lil help please....

Options
  • 19-10-1999 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Am going to get a DVD player to finish off my home cinema jobbie, but are there DVD players that are multi-region?? Can standard ones be altered for that way ??

Any help much appreciated, and paid back with many pints at QP smile.gif

Brian.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Jasus when Gandalf sees this he'll be all set for a lifetimes supply of drink smile.gif or Hobbes. as for me, i know fu<k all about DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

mmm drink cheeky.gif

For your PC, you can get software hack for the DVD players.

For the video type players it's a little more difficult. Anyway as far as I remember setting the region code on the DVD player to 0 makes it play all regions. But if you can change the region code it doesn't really matter anyway.

Very tactfully done. smile.gif Knowing I won't be at QP wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Hobbsers... you mean that DVD players have a user setting for Region ??? Doesn't that defeat the region purpose ??

Sloshers.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Slosh,

You can get software to allow you to use a DVD Rom drive with all regions. I have got a Samsung DVD709 recentlty. It can be hacked to multiregion using an Aiwa remote which I just happen to have. Unfortunately this player has problems with certain disks like The Matrix R1 and Theres Something about Mary R2. Talk to me at Dublan while your buying me drinks.

smile.gif

Gandalf.

www.gibworld.com/gandalf gandalf@gibworld.com

Drinkies on the way Gandy, but Im looking for a DVD player not a drive for a PC...

Sloshers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Errr Yeah I didn't make that clear the Samsung 709 is a player and apart from The Matrix problem tis a very good unit for the price.

Gandalf.

www.gibworld.com/gandalf gandalf@gibworld.com

Wahoo, tnx Gandie, Drinkies aplenty smile.gif

Ooooohhh I just got post 666!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

you can get them "chipped" a la playstations, allowing you to run most if not all regions.
    the multi-region ones are **** expenisive i believe ?
    still though your not going to pay out 300 quid or so and have some dodgy lad open it up and go mental with a soldering iron wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Why not get it for the PC and get a TV link up. You can get a wireless connection from PC to TV (works fine as well) for about $80.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mythago

got dvd player or what dvd(don't have it handy)the other day in easons... features a multi region DVD player from a crowd called SAMPO??? for £199 stg, has a DTS decoder too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

Brother got a dvd player a few months back, the only way to get region 0 is to chip it.... so he did and it worked. Seeing as he couldn't usually even change a lightbulb I reckon it must be fairly easy, bought the chip online somewhere, i'll find out if your interested

shank@quake.ie
    news.quake.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mythago

Check out http://www.techtronics.com for "chipped" players.
    i.e all region pioneer with dts & digital decoder 500 irp including delivery & no loss of warranty. There are cheaper ones too.

Advertisement