Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caligula

Options
  • 03-11-1999 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

jeeesssusss!

wtf was that? smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

You watched it too, huh?

Very interesting film. Once you look past the bizarre nature of the whole thing, it's a pretty damn good look at the Roman Empire at the time of Tiberius and Caligula. Caligula is widely considered to be the most nutty of all the roman emperors...

By the way, remember the fat, mad uncle, Claudius? Read "I, Claudius" for a little more insight into this guy, who actually ruled Rome for quite a while, and was an ocean of sanity in the midst of the nutty Caesar family...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

sure we all tuned in to see From Dusk Till Dawn before it smile.gif

Weird to see Malcolm McDowell at that age tho, does he ever play anyone but nutters and villians?. Take a look at If.. and The clockwork orange to see him at his best tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Maybe I'm nitpicking but I thought Caeser was a title not a family name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Ya dodgy preverts the two of ya smile.gif I tell you this I wouldn't want to be around the ceaser family to long you might catch something. I didn't watch the whole thing stop when Caligula gave his blessing to the wedding. I found it a bit disturbing but then again it was a good refelection on the roman empires hob nobs smile.gif. As in for the Ceasers being nuts I have one word InBreeding.

Kayos

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

yep. All emperors changed their name and adopted teh title Caesar, which was Julius Caesar's family name by the way.

eg. Octavian became Augustus Caesar, he was Julie baby's adopted nephew and named successor, to get the throne securely he took his uncle's name.

Happy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yeah ceaser was a title for the emporor.
    not a family name

morans!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I mean what do Channel 4 expect....we all watch 'From Dusk 'til Dawn'...that ends...they say the words 'sex epic'...of course we're gonna watch it even if it was pants!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Pants with lots of panty action. I thought it rocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Radovar

Hecate, you liked if.... too? I only saw it there a while ago when it was on BBC2.

Recorded it and watched it a LOT. Best film I've seen in ages. And Malcolm McDowell IS the best thing about it. I could watch that guy all day. Same with Caligula and A Clockwork Orange but he did a lot of ****e unfortunately.

Advertisement