Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Anyone Recomend any good Irish Web Hosts?

Options
  • 19-09-2004 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

Can Anyone Recomend any good Irish Web Hosts?
    Preferably for less than €200/year and offers .ie's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

this is a good list of hosting companies:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57012

I use hosting365 for my personal space, no problems so far and decent knowledgable sales/tech support.

What's that omnicorp thing about?

<meta name="keywords" content="omnicorp funny airline airport newspaper international">

wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

I use Lunarpages

Loads of space, emails, well everything you can ask for they give you.

You need a registered company name to use a .ie , you can apply that .ie using any web host provider.

Thanks JoePC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

joePC wrote:
    You need a registered company name to use a .ie
    No you don't.
    You can apply for them under a variety of different categories.
    joePC wrote:
    , you can apply that .ie using any web host provider.

You would be advised to register an IE domain through an IEDR reseller, as most non-Irish hosts would not be able to register them for you.
    A full list is available here:
    http://www.iedr.ie/ListResellers.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Yes blacknight is correct, there are different categories......... Still tho, Lunarpages is gr8.

Thanks JoePC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

dangerman wrote:

Everytime I see the name/sig It reminds me of that episode of the Simpsons were Homer sets up an internet company and Bill Gates comes around to "buy him out" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

I use www.dynamic.ie, based in navan. I think they might be hosting365 resellers, I'm not too sure. Their customer/tech support is truly excellent and replies to any tech issues are super fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

joePC wrote:
    I use Lunarpages
    Joe, Lunarpages is not an Irish hosting company. There are hundreds of Irish web hosting companies and many of them host on Irish IP ranges. It is a good thing to have your hosting company in the same timezone as yourself. Most of the US reseller of a reseller of a reseller hosting companies do not have the expertise to handle stuff like .ie domains. I frequently see non-Irish (and Irish) hosting companies having problems with setting up .ie domains.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

I put all my accounts through www.blacknight.ie

Truely amazing service - their customer support is second to none!

Obviously there's a lot more to them than customer support, but personally all I want is someone reliable, secure and helpful if there is ever a problem!

Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭omnicorp

dangerman wrote:
    this is a good list of hosting companies:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57012

I use hosting365 for my personal space, no problems so far and decent knowledgable sales/tech support.

<meta name="keywords" content="omnicorp funny airline airport newspaper international">

wtf?
    Actualy, it's not omnicorp.

What other things could you apply for in a .ie?

omnicorp wrote:
    What other things could you apply for in a .ie?
    There's a range of categories under which you can apply, be that as a sole trader, company. private citizen or group

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭omnicorp

blacknight wrote:
    There's a range of categories under which you can apply, be that as a sole trader, company. private citizen or group
    well, how do you register as company and does it cost much?

omnicorp wrote:
    well, how do you register as company and does it cost much?
    You'd need to be a company, obviously.
    If the domain you want is the same or very similar to the company name you would only need to provide the company number.
    If it was very different, then you would need to provide extra documentation.
    So, for example, we are Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd, which allows us to register blacknight.ie without any extra paperwork.
    If we wanted to register irelandsbesthosting.ie we would need to provide IEDR with some form of proof of entitlement (not too hard considering what we do :D )
    However, if we wanted to register something totally unrelated to our business activity it would be a lot more difficult.

The cost varies from reseller to reseller with pricing from a low as €50 ex-VAT to around €125 ex-VAT

Advertisement