Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSOP September Finale du Monde!

Options
  • 19-09-2004 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭

Right the final for this months BSOP shapes up as
    LaFortezza
    KevinR
    Henbane
    Evillive
    Iago
    Marq
    Decker
    karlh
    Krusty

I'm going to suggest a date and time and people can say yes or no and give alternatives.

Fitz, Sunday 26th 4.30pm
    we should be done by about 6.30 in time for the freeroll or pints or the €20 game later that night. Unfortunately I can't do Friday the 24th, could just about make Saturday the 25th though if everyone wants to go for that day instead.

Alternatively if someone want to offer their house as a venue we can see how everyone feels, although the previous months final in the fitz seemed to go well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Any of the three evenings suits me fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Friday's not great for me either, but any time Saturday or Sunday would be fine..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

I'd rather Friday or Saturday. Sunday is a problem for me. May be able to free it up if no other option.....is Saturday alright with eveyone instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Ok, it looks like its a choice between Saturday 25th or Sunday 26th in the Fitz.
    Either one is ok for me, so on Karl's request we can provisionally say it will be on Saturday, how does a 6pm start sound to people?
    We'll go with the majority vote I suppose for Sat/Sun and start time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

My preference would be the Friday or Monday evening, leaving the option to play in the €50 or €100 game afterwards, particular appeal on Friday with not having to get up the next morning for work!

failing that Sunday evening would be most suitable for me, could we play at 7 in the fitz on one of the upstairs tables? That way we would be finished in time for the 20-in but wouldn't have to commit to an early start.

Saturday and Sunday afternoon before 7 would be very difficult for me due to family commitments

• Advertisement

My preference would be the Friday or Monday evening, leaving the option to play in the €50 or €100 game afterwards, particular appeal on Friday with not having to get up the next morning for work!

failing that Sunday evening would be most suitable for me, could we play at 7 in the fitz on one of the upstairs tables? That way we would be finished in time for the 20-in but wouldn't have to commit to an early start.

Saturday and Sunday afternoon before 7 would be very difficult for me due to family commitments

Looks like we'll have to go with the majority rule which is looking like Sat or Sunday evening. We could push it back to a later time to let people finish their family commitments and get down to more important business!

Maybe Saturday at 8pm in the Fitz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 KevinR

I wont be able to play on Sunday but either Friday or Saturday would be fine!

How about Saturday at 7? seems to suit Iago, Kevin and myself so far. The Fitz would be great....

We can always get out holdem/omaha on afterwards!

karlh wrote:
    We can always get out holdem/omaha on afterwards!
    Or the pub.

lafortezza wrote:
    Looks like we'll have to go with the majority rule which is looking like Sat or Sunday evening. We could push it back to a later time to let people finish their family commitments and get down to more important business!

Maybe Saturday at 8pm in the Fitz?

The Rock says "It doesn't matter what you think! Just bring it!"

• Advertisement

Ok looks like everyone is pretty agreed so far that Saturday the 25th at around 7pm in the Fitzwilliam is the best time to have the final.
    Marq is there any way you can get free that Saturday evening as I don't know if we can arrange another night that suits everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Nope, I'm in work in my day job til nine friday and saturday. As you know I work Friday and Sunday nights in the fitz from nine. that's saturday from nine, sunday before nine, or some evening next week. Sorry, but there's nothing I can do.

why don't we just hold it mid-week then? this wednesday at 6.30?

karlh wrote:
    why don't we just hold it mid-week then? this wednesday at 6.30?
    If it's gonna be midweek, it will have to be this week. I can't do midweek after that.

I can't play midweek this week as I'll be in the UK with work from Wednesday morning, I'm free Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday evening...or midweek next week

Professor Plum in the garden shed with the......jesus. :)

In summary, Sunday afternoon or Monday evening are the only options left. Ill make sure either suit me. Anyone else?

sunday or monday from 7 are fine with me..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I dont have any objection to the final being held any day - up to the 30/9 - however, the final was advertised as being scheduled for 24/25/26 so in the event where some people cannot make a proposed date that differs from 24/25/26 then that proposed date cannot go ahead.

The date for the final was posted in advanced so people are responsible for their own availability on those dates.

If no concenus can be agreed then I will pick a day/time myself.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Managed to swap my shift on saturday. I'll now be free from six.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

saturday evening is fine with me

• Advertisement

Ok so looks like Saturday evening, 7pm?, in the Fitz is a goer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I talked to Luke in the Fitz last night and he is OK about giving us a table - as long as it doesn't interfere with his tournies. The cost will come out of the fund - shouls only be a €10

Hyzepher

lafortezza wrote:
    Ok so looks like Saturday evening, 7pm?, in the Fitz is a goer.
    Only Decker and I showed up, so we played heads up.
    Decker narrowly pipped me to first place. I came a close second.

[Grumble, grumble - change the bloody date and time of the final without letting anyone know, grumble.]

Thought it was always going to be in the fitz...

anyhow, how did it end? KarlH showed great bouncebackability to come from nowhere to big stack when I went out in 4th...([size=-12]and the less said about that the better[/size]:(

Iago wrote:
    anyhow, how did it end? KarlH showed great bouncebackability to come from nowhere to big stack when I went out in 4th...([size=-12]and the less said about that the better[/size]:(
    The right move at the wrong time there. You can't do much about quads.

Finishing positions.

karlh
    henbane (suck it dapper, dev et al)
    evilive
    iago
    kevinr
    decker
    krusty
    lafortezza (KQ -v- A2:D)
    marq

Thought it might end that way, there was some very good play during the final particularily from yourself and KarlH.

Relaly enjoyable night, even if I did go out on the bubble! I don't think there was any bad play with players that went out, just bad timing and luck.

Well played to all

Iago wrote:
    Thought it was always going to be in the fitz...(

Damnit, I was in the Fitz last night at 7pm.. I met Decker who said that no-one had showed-up and that the game had been moved to Sunday @4:30pm..

Where did you play?

We were all in the fitz at 7pm, game started upstairs on the button as planned....

such a pain :(

karlh wrote:
    We were all in the fitz at 7pm, game started upstairs on the button as planned....

such a pain :(
    LOL! That's what I get for enjoying that final pint...
    Oh well, I'll just have to secure my place in the final next month.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Decker

For the second month in a row ... doh.

Crris McCormick you muppet! Sorry Krusty, I arrived there about 7:10 and there was no one downstairs so I rang Chris who in a burst of mental activity told me the game had been moved to Sunday at 4:30.

Advertisement