Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blair Witch Project

Options
  • 25-10-1999 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

Well that has to rate as a bit of a disappointment sad.gif yes its good and it is quite scary in the last few minutes, interesting disturbing atmos running throughout, but its been hyped beyond belief. If your going to see it then I advise you to forget the hype and see it for what it is, an interesting ultra cheapo excursion into psychological horror.

As for scariest film of this or any other year - is it bo11ocks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

The story is supposed to be true but i've heard that the filmakers just want you to believe that.After all - the hype is whats making it so famous!

pby2040.gif

[This message has been edited by 2040 (edited 25-10-99).]

[This message has been edited by 2040 (edited 25-10-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

think several million americans (and their wallets) disagree with you conor.

$60,000 to make and it pulled in some crazy amount of money at the box office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Just because it cost fu<k all to make doesnt make it a masterpiece tho, everyone seems to be losing sight of that a bit in the hype.

Ok they made it very cheaply and it made a huge profit, that does NOT make it a great film. It's a good film, not a great film, to paraphrase Eamon Dunphy smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

it is a ****ing class film, and its the freakiest ****ing thing ever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

This film is the biggest piece of crap ever invented. It was not one bit scarey the americans found it scary because they watch all those real tv programmes so they though it was real. Please don't waste your money.

KaYoS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Very good film, although I can see Kayos' point - the yanks are so used to watching "real-life" TV shows (Americas Dumbest Criminals, etc) that suspension of disbelief for Blair Witch came easily.

Well made though, nice and realistic. And pretty damned freaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

just seen it.
    fu<kin deadly.
    have to say it scared the sh1t outta me.

mission accomplished smile.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I saw it tonight - freaked me out! I went in (as advised) expecting a documentry. It was class!

Thing is - I live beside a big scarry wood and there's a storm outside (to really set an athmosphere). HELP!!!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~davitt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Riker

I thought it was total horse shiit.
    Too short and the only scary bits were in the last 5 mins in the house. There was a huge 'tut' when it ended in the cinema I was in and most people seemed to come out of it cursing...

Sim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

Have to agree with the last caller there Chris....sorry...eh, Adrian. I thought it was extremely over-hyped and as for ****ting myself, I went for a crap due to excessive popcorn eating and ended up with the squirts from the first half hour and it turned out I didnt miss anything at all. Actually heres a tip for ppl who havent seen it, wait for the last ten minutes then watch it cos the rest of it is just ****e. Actually I must correct meself. One good bit is where yer man with the beard is filming yer wan saying "You're lost in the woods, with now idea where you are. Thats your motivation" and so forth.

"Whats this sh!t all over my sh!t" - quite.

[This message has been edited by Helv (edited 01-11-99).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

its alright,

If you like staring at leaves on the ground.

Although i thought the idea that the woods were endless and they would never get it was a good one, you werent sure weather somthing was influencing them or they were genuinley lost. The piles of stone and the tree effigies were deadly too smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The Americans thought it was scary because they it was advertised as a documentry and true.

It also seemed not to go down well with the younger generation who thought it was kack (no deathstar blowing up I suppose).

What's funny is the town they filmed about is making serious cash from all the tourists.

duplicate post. Sorry.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 02-11-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

I felt disgusted and utterly violated after leaving the theatre on hallowe'en night. The film was a complete and utter sham. The directors should be very, very ashamed. It wasn't a scary film by any means and when you start applying any logic to the film at all it fails to hold it's head up amongst the crowd of other teen "horror" films........such examples as "I know what you did last summer" and it's sickeningly terrible sequel, "I STILL know what you did last summer!". The cinema (which shall remain nameless), screwed up our booking. We got to see the movie for free and yet i still felt cheated, like the producers should have given people a bribe to see the film. It was so bad that at the end of the "film2, the audience erupted in laughter.
    SHAME
    SHAME
    SHAME!!!!!

tct

I think the Sequel is way better. Check out the trailer...

http://www.trailervision.com/jarshort1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

That was a Sh!te movie. It a waste of money and time.

Advertisement