Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GameCon 5 - Xbox & PC LAN

Options
  • 19-09-2004 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Irelands biggest games event is back GameCon 5 will be back in the IMI conference centre for another 24 hours of gaming mayhem. This one is our last one for the year so make sure you don’t miss it. New to GameCon? Well this is what you can expect. Aimed at PC and console gamers alike this will be 24 hours of pure gaming pleasure. As well as plenty of fun gaming we will have competitions, new game demonstrations and the chance to not only see and play the latest games but win them as well. And with our goody bag policy nobody goes away empty handed.
    Click here to register!

Date: 13th of November
    Time: 9am to 9am
    Venue: IMI Conference Centre, Sandyford Road, Dublin 16 Click here for a map and directions

Price: €35 for PC & Console gamers (€30 if you Pre-Pay Online)

Places: 170

What can you expect?

Well GameCon truly is a multimedia games party, all the major games systems will feature, PC, Xbox, PS2, GameCube, N-Gage and retro classics too. Competitions will be held on the day with instant prizes for the winners. You also gain point for every Competition game you win. Gain the most point and you walk home with our overall star prize and all the acclaim that goes with it. We will also have fun matches as well. Come for the comps, come for the games or just come to meet other people who share your passions.

What you need to bring:

PC Gamers need to bring their PC and all the standard bits..
    PC
    Monitor
    Mouse
    Keyboard
    Power cables
    Network cables (spare ones can always come in handy)
    Power strip
    Games
    Food/money
    Headphones
    General LAN bits

Console Gamers can bring their consoles if they please but dont have to. You should bring a TV if you bring a console. Extra Joypads always come in handy but you should mark them with your name if you bring them.

Games to be played inclued:
    Halo 2
    Doom 3
    Fifa 2005
    Counter Strike
    FarCry
    Call of Duty
    Unreal Tournament 2004
    BF1942
    BF1942 - Desert combat
    BF Vietnam
    C&C Generals
    Warlords Battlecry 3
    Rallisport Challenge 2 (Xbox)
    Splinter Cell PT(Xbox)
    Dead or Alive 3(Xbox)
    UEFA Euro 2004 Portugal (NEW Fifa Soccer) (Xbox)
    Soul Calibur 2 (Xbox)
    Project Gotham 2 (Xbox)
    Topspin (Xbox)
    Halo (Xbox)

And much much more.

Book your place now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

195 Signed up, will soon break 200 signups!!!!

If you prepay you are definately in, you can still make it into the official list even if you havent signed up at all!

The only way to secure your spot at GameCon is to pre-pay (or turn up at 8AM )

All of those on the waiting list are more than welcome to attend, the sooner you turn up in the morning the more chance you have of securing a spot.

It is strongly recommended if you are travelling from a distance / coming after 9am that you prepay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Diplomatic immunity

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

this pre-pay thing is a bit rubbish though poor ol' me and my lack of credit card :D great fun

u dont need a credit card to preorder... cant find where the options are on the gamecon site but last i seen u could send postal order or i think a cheque but seeing as i cant find the pay options for some reason i cant verify that

• Advertisement

You can send a postal order or cheque. Also for the next one a direct bank transfer will be possible, so that means anyone with cash can walk into any bank and transfer the money to the account :)

cool... it'll be like the movies :)

Advertisement