Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camacho quits Bernabeu

• 19-09-2004 9:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/3671372.stm

Jaysus, that was a short stay (his 2nd one at the Bernabeu, lasted slightly longer this time...) Wonder what'll happen to the English contingent now?

Just thought, could this be related to the Woodgate story? Maybe pushed after Perez realised he mightn't get too much footy out of his new defender?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ahhh fupp I hope Real don't come after AW now !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

gandalf wrote:

Think thats pretty much a dead cert, although best man for the job is Del Bosque.
    Real lost 2 games in a row, seemingly thats unacceptable!

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

gandalf wrote:

I can't see Wenger going to Real, at least until the summer. He's had a great start at Arsenal this year, and TBH this is the Gooners best chance of winning the CL since he took over (gawd, feel an urge to hurl after typing that... ;) )

If he goes to Real now he's stuck with a small squad, with some serious under achieving at the moment (what is up with Raul?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Possible return to spain for Sir Bobby Robson?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Steady on! His offerd his resignation and its been turned down. For now.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

In the last game where they lost to Espanyol 1-0, Owen started, Samuel and Salgado were sent-off and three penalties were missed :D Never a dull moment at Real at least.

In the last game where they lost to Espanyol 1-0, Owen started, Samuel and Salgado were sent-off and three penalties were missed :D Never a dull moment at Real at least.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

That football club is a circus , and a good one too they're always changing they're attractions (players , manager and presidents) :p .

I think very few players in this current side will be in a Champions League final again .(for Real that is anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

KdjaC wrote:
    Think thats pretty much a dead cert, although best man for the job is Del Bosque.
    Real lost 2 games in a row, seemingly thats unacceptable!

kdjac

We according to the infinite wisdom of Gerrard Houllier, a good team never loses twice in a row. Who knows more about good football than him *

*Dont kill me its sarcasm, i swear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has confirmed that Jose Antonio Camacho has resigned from his post as manager.

Camacho tendered his resignation after the defeat to Espanyol on Saturday, and Perez has now accepted it.

The 49-year-old leaves less than four months after taking charge of the capital club for the second time.

In his first spell at the Real helm in 1998, the former Spain coach quit after just 22 days following disagreements with the club's board.

Camacho, a former Real player, left Benfica in the summer to take charge at El Santiago Bernabeu but admitted he was not able to galvanise the club's squad of 'galactico' players.

A heavy UEFA Champions League defeat to Bayer Leverkusen heaped pressure on Camacho, and the subsequent defeat to Espanyol proved the final straw.

Perez announced that assistant coach Mariano Garcia Remon would take temporary charge of first-team affairs while the hunt for a new manager is conducted.

"I want to announce that the board of Real Madrid has decided to accept the resignation of Jose Antonio Camacho, although he will continue working with the club," stated Perez.

"I also want to announce that Mariano Garcia Remon will replace him as coach."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Bye bye Owen??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Kone wrote:
    Bye bye Owen??
    Camacho didn't even want Owen and he was 4th choice under him. I'd say lucky, lucky Owen (and probably Becks).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

lets hope stevie G sees Real Madrid for the circus that it is and he stays with the pool for the next 10 years.
    Owen is probably gutted.. :o

Lex Luthor wrote:
    lets hope stevie G sees Real Madrid for the circus that it is and he...

...joins Arsenal/Chelsea/ManYoo instead?

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Del Bosque would be the ideal candidate, but expect Perez to appoint another yes man who will allow him to run the club as he sees fit. :rolleyes:

Ottmar Hitzfeld would be a brave choice, although at the moment the fairest thing is what they are doing at the moment; giving the minnow a chance to sort things out and earn himself a long-term (one whole season as far as Perez is concerned) deal.

Advertisement