Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best pub in dublin city centre?

• 19-09-2004 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭

For me has to be Doyles, college green, great atmosphere, free entry!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Gottsta say my favourite would be the ThingMote on Suffolk St.

They usually play Zeppelin and The Smiths etc which is pretty much all I need to get me goin ;)

Either there or if you're willing to travel about 10 minutes walk from O'Connell St. there's the Big Tree which is usually a good larf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭pixie_student

eamon dorans has a great atmosphere..

Whelans aint bad either but not exactly dead central

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I would tell you, but then it would be packed with the lot of ye!

Nah... I like ThingMote too, only been there a bit, but the Guinness is a good price, and damn nice, the music is cool, the staff are really sound and you dont have to stress about heading there after college all scruffy looking (I think they do cheap cocktail stuff too)

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Vodka and half can of red bull for a fiver. Cant really argue

Where i work it costs €3.70 for the vodka and €4.70 for a little bottle of red bull... for all you maths whizzes out there that comes to €8.40!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

The White Horse, or Ba Mizu during the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Thing Mote, Long Stone or Foggy Dew for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭casso

O'Neills on sulfolk street is a nice place too. I like Thing Mote and Bruxelles is nice for an outdoors pint, gets a bit stuffy indoors though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

for a nice pint....foggy dew
    for cheap cocktails.....traffic
    for my fix of australian beer.....down under

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭casso

Whereabouts is traffic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭pixie_student

casso wrote:
    Whereabouts is traffic?

just beside spirit on middle abbey street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

for my fix of australian beer.....down under
    They don't happen do Carlton Cold there by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭IDM

Yeah, ThingMote is very chill. Doyles is fine sunday-thursday but god what a hole on fridays & saturdays ... 100% chance of having a drink poured on you.

Slightly Off-Topic: What would one recommend for those of us who are into our foreign beers ? I love tasting new beers but haven't really found a pub that offers weirdish imports. Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

IDM wrote:
    Slightly Off-Topic: What would one recommend for those of us who are into our foreign beers ? I love tasting new beers but haven't really found a pub that offers weirdish imports. Thanks in advance.

I doubt anywhere can beat The Porterhouse for choice of beer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

The Stags Head for pints and chat.

Doyles for drunk pints and chat.

The Porter House for nice beer and food.

Isoldes for being hammered at 1.00 and being able to get a seat and get served for three more hours. I fúcking love Isoldes. Even if all the dirty loose sluts of yesteryear have been replaced by gay men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

DapperGent wrote:
    Isoldes for being hammered at 1.00 and being able to get a seat and get served for three more hours. I fúcking love Isoldes. Even if all the dirty loose sluts of yesteryear have been replaced by gay men.
    I hate that place. I hate it so much. I am trying to stay clear of it like the plague.

Doyls and Porter House are quite good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

CROWN LAGER!!! ozzy beer that you can get at down under/porter house (only in bottles) i love the stuff

Winters wrote:
    I hate that place. I hate it so much. I am trying to stay clear of it like the plague.
    But you get pints and a seat late in the night and you can then get drunk. And then there is the greatest kebab joint across the road to stumble to at 4 in the morning.

What more do you want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Viva, Ba Mizu, Dakota..

I likes South William Street I do...

K.

Aye, Dakota is nice. Although I tend to constantly slide up and down the seats there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭jd

DapperGent wrote:

What more do you want?
    Wellll......
    maybe the
    dirty loose sluts of yesteryear replacing the gay men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

DapperGent wrote:
    And then there is the greatest kebab joint across the road to stumble to at 4 in the morning.

What more do you want?

It's true, those kebabs are unreal. Also you forgot to mention that Isoldes fufills an even more important role of doing take out's, lost count of the number of times they've got us out of a hole at 3/4am (important tip: when getting take out that late if you aren't already in the place, get the cutest girl in your group to go in and get it, works a treat evey time ;) )

jd wrote:
    dirty loose sluts of yesteryear replacing the gay men.
    They call them the lost Isoldes sluts of yore, whither they went or why is known to none now living.

Legends tell that one day they will return to fúck noisily in the upstairs toilets once more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

DapperGent wrote:
    Legends tell that one day they will return to fúck noisily in the upstairs toilets once more.
    Well I know one of them who wont, she's gone from the jacks to a gaff, 1 kid and another on the way, oh how the slutty have fallen! :(

DapperGent wrote:
    And then there is the greatest kebab joint across the road to stumble to at 4 in the morning.

Aye, Zaytoon is quite a great place. But i still however dont like going into Isoldes anymore. All the sluts have gone and been replaced by gay men hanging about upstairs. I noticed that about 3 when I went up to order me a pint and saw one man manking obsene guesters to my left and two guys making out to my right. At that point i realised the whole upstairs had gone .. "vogue".

Never again do I plan to step foot in that hole.
    Aye, Dakota is nice. Although I tend to constantly slide up and down the seats there.

He gives head under the tables there. Hence the reason he constantly "slides"
    up and down the seats. Jim your such a hoe.

At least I don't give head in Isodels.

I know you dont, you keep to classier places. None of us are low enough to give head in Isodels tbh.

The dirty sluts used to. :(

*Sigh.

Fine, just for you DapperGent

/me puts on skirt and heads down to Isodels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

For really decently priced pints I would say Karma (formerly Handels) on Fishamble St beside Christchurch. Guinness - €3 and lager €3.50 iirc. It's smallish, not too packed, and the staff are friendly. Decor isn't the best, and the lad's toilets is tiny, but still the best palce to go in town...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Iseults Tower.... special shoutout to the two ladies who made it a 'special night' - you know who yis are & yis were cracking!!!!!!! It is ladies like you that make the world a better place for us all.... hehehehehehe ;)

::: ven0mous :::

ven0m wrote:
    Iseults Tower.... special shoutout to the two ladies who made it a 'special night' - you know who yis are & yis were cracking!!!!!!! It is ladies like you that make the world a better place for us all.... hehehehehehe ;)

::: ven0mous :::
    Np mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

bruxelles is a pretty good time. hot chix0rz frequent the place too, which is always good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Turks head rocks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Feck ye all, Brogans on Dame street was never mentioned, great little smelly basement, wonderful pints, barstaff that actually know how to pull pints, and arent stuck up ****ers......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

barstaff that actually know how to pull pints, and arent stuck up ****ers......

And have twice refused to let me buy them a beer after an evenings boozing on the grounds that "you have to pay enough for the drink here as it is"...sound all together.

Great jukebox, and the only time it attracts scobes is when there's some Bob Marley w*nk on in the Olympia (or Aslan).

I'd also like to mention the Neptune Lounge (downstairs in the Flowing Tide) and The Foggy Dew. And if its a quiet pint you want on your own before meeting up with mates/heading home alone and bitter :D, then llokno further than the Exchequer bar. A seat and a nice pint. What more do you want?

• Advertisement

And have twice refused to let me buy them a beer after an evenings boozing on the grounds that "you have to pay enough for the drink here as it is"...sound all together.
    Weird. That's happened to me once there too.
    The Foggy Dew.
    I used to like the Foggy Dew, but they play the music so psychotically loud in there now it's impossible to have a conversation. And it's the kind of pub that's designed for conversation. Pity.

DapperGent wrote:
    Weird. That's happened to me once there too.

Maybe the same barman? Shortish portly guy with glasses, decent skin who likes a chat?

Something tells me we'll have shared a boozer at some point Dapper...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Maybe the same barman? Shortish portly guy with glasses, decent skin who likes a chat?

That would be Donal, manys the time i have spent waiting for peeple chatting to him, got a free pint there after new years, the boss said to give one to the regulars, *sniff* i was so moved.......

That would be Donal, manys the time i have spent waiting for peeple chatting to him, got a free pint there after new years, the boss said to give one to the regulars, *sniff* i was so moved.......

Cheers mate, always like to put a name to a face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

There is a great guitar player and singer that is usually in Isoldes on Saturday night.

• Advertisement

Yeah. Sounds right. He's always awful nice. You appear to have good boozer instincts reckless, perhaps some lucky pub has had the pleasure (not to mention the drawing power) of our presence at some point.

We should charge really.

DapperGent wrote:
    Yeah. Sounds right. He's always awful nice. You appear to have good boozer instincts reckless, perhaps some lucky pub has had the pleasure (not to mention the drawing power) of our presence at some point.

We should charge really.

I like your style.

:D

Advertisement