Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone been brave enough to put themselves on hotornot.com?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Shell; high post count in only a few months. So your claiming to have 70 posts a day? Are you a housewife, or something?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

It has been brought to my attention that a few people thought my trolling was a serious attack...those people obviously dont know me. So because it was misconstrued in such a way I deleted it to prevent further outcries of bad behaviour...etc...

I really dont care who posts pictures, lord knows i have posted mine enough. It was a bit of muppetry after a long day of work and should not be taken as anything else...and it sucks that I have to explain that, really. ;)

I will in the furture provide more of these ;):p:D so the intent is more obvious....

/me skipps away singing of the joys of posting on boards

tra-la-la :p

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Mear wrote:
    Chow Yun Fat is who he looks like. He being Agent Smith.

how the hell do you google what someone looks like?

anyway,
    wow, that's a new one,

altho a lot of people say i look like simon delandy
    (guy out of bachalers walk)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭shellspeare

the_syco wrote:
    Shell; high post count in only a few months. So your claiming to have 70 posts a day? Are you a housewife, or something?

No i'm off uni at the moment and the site in question is part of my online community so alot of the posts were clocked up doing setup and admin. But i am a bit of a postaholic, i just love interacting with people from around the world, beats watching tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

But i am a bit of a postaholic
    Postaholic? You make me look like I have a life (add about 12,000 to get my real postcount).

I post on about 30 messageboards a day so i dread to think my true post count. But it will all change when i'm back at uni. Studying all the time makes your mind very active and participating in debates and fun on forums satisfies my thirst while i'm not studying. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

BEAT wrote:
    It has been brought to my attention that a few people thought my trolling was a serious attack...those people obviously dont know me. So because it was misconstrued in such a way I deleted it to prevent further outcries of bad behaviour...etc...

There was me hoping your [un]justified attack was serious, you were the only person talking sense up until now!? The majority of this thread sickens me... fúckin message board flirting!! And where did all these newbies come from!? :mad:

Not that I have anything against "new people" just that there's fúckin hundreds of them arriving at the same time and posting dodgy pictures. It's not good for... er... something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Dr. Loon wrote:
    There was me hoping your [un]justified attack was serious, you were the only person talking sense up until now!? The majority of this thread sickens me... fúckin message board flirting!! And where did all these newbies come from!? :mad:

Not that I have anything against "new people" just that there's fúckin hundreds of them arriving at the same time and posting dodgy pictures. It's not good for... er... something.
    Your not the prettiest boy, are you Loon?

Dr. Loon wrote:

I thought most messageboards were welcoming, have i been mistaken, is my presence here causing offence? I'm very confused..... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I thought most messageboards were welcoming, have i been mistaken, is my presence here causing offence? I'm very confused..... :(

Don't be. Loon is just living up to his name. Bold Loon.

Welcome to what is usually a friendly place to be. Just make sure you read the various forum charters, most common mistake you can make is posting a thread thats banned/out of place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

Shellspeare welcome to you - nice pic btw. I'm 29 and have two kids too.

Angeldelight - take it as a compliment that you look young - you will be glad in 10 years time to look younger ;) .

tman - you are v good looking - you should brighten up the pic though its very dark.

Bunnefey - you look great too.

Mordeth your pic is deadly.

Havn't looked at any other pics yet - will check them out in a min.

Here's my pic - couldn't fit my big head in as I was taking it myself!

I just look at peoples avatars.
    Its more beautiful that way.

/me makes daisy chains

Your not the prettiest boy, are you Loon?

No... I don't feel the need to post my pic up so people can give me some meaningless rating so I feel better about myself. Nor do I feel the need to tell every female she's "a hottie", drooling over my keyboard cos a load of "females" start posting pics. It's always very amusing when a new female posts, all these lads start posting winking smilies and other such ridiculous crap. Anyway... I'm in a slightly more foul humour today than normal, so as usual don't take me too seriously, I wouldn't want you to get upset Jim. You just keep "flirting" with the new ladies.
    I thought most messageboards were welcoming, have i been mistaken, is my presence here causing offence? I'm very confused.....

Don't worry. You're more than welcome, and you don't need a welcome from me. Don't mind me, I'm just an angry git. Your presence isn't causing offence. I'm just offended at this thread. Welcome :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Dr. Loon wrote:
    No... I don't feel the need to post my pic up so people can give me some meaningless rating so I feel better about myself. Nor do I feel the need to tell every female she's "a hottie", drooling over my keyboard cos a load of "females" start posting pics. It's always very amusing when a new female posts, all these lads start posting winking smilies and other such ridiculous crap. Anyway... I'm in a slightly more foul humour today than normal, so as usual don't take me too seriously, I wouldn't want you to get upset Jim. You just keep "flirting" with the new ladies.

Don't worry. You're more than welcome, and you don't need a welcome from me. Don't mind me, I'm just an angry git. Your presence isn't causing offence. I'm just offended at this thread. Welcome :)
    And yet you feel the need to tell everybody that you don't feel the need to do that. Stop posting on the f**king thread then. :rolleyes:

Hobart wrote:
    And yet you feel the need to tell everybody that you don't feel the need to do that. Stop posting on the f**king thread then. :rolleyes:

No I feel the need to give my opinion on a bunch of fools posting up pics of themselves, and everyone oohhin and aahing over each other. Each to their own I suppose. Now relax there Hobart. Post your pic up and make yourself feel good. Go on!

I'm off to the feedback forum to request a name change to SexyHunk29. I'll be back shortly to post my pic. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Dr. Loon wrote:

Dr. Loon. Your sarcasm detector needs some new batteries. Don't assume everyone is out to attack you. I was joking.

THE BOARDSIE VS MEH!!!

Dr. Loon. Your sarcasm detector needs some new batteries. Don't assume everyone is out to attack you. I was joking.

THE BOARDSIE VS MEH!!!

As does yours Jim! You may also want to install a "Cynicism" detector. Quite handy.

I think Climaxer learned pretty quickly how to avoid abuse, and look at her/him now!

I think Dr. Loon is going for the idiot dollar.

Dr. Loon wrote:
    I think Climaxer learned pretty quickly how to avoid abuse, and look at her/him now!

Now you're saying I look like a man. No need to be so rude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

please be nice i'm a newbie lol

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OZNMSRO&key=GFL

Nice !!

• Advertisement

climaxer wrote:
    Now you're saying I look like a man. No need to be so rude.

I'm not at all!! Just goin back to the old joke! I keep trying to tell people not to take me too seriously. Apologies, for the mis-communication

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Isn't this thread almost the definition of 'harmless fun'? Why is everyone getting worked up?

Unless people are getting flashbacks from primary school, standing against the wall while all the other children chanted 'mongo, mongo, mongo, MONGO, MONGO, MONGO' till my head explodes and I grab the ringleader and smack him and smack him and smack him before being dragged off him and into the 'dark' room with the mops where I am left alone with my thoughts, scheming revenge that will culminate with me getting high scores on a public website where I have posted my photo for the cruel masses to judge whether I am hot or not.

I would like to take this opportunity to state that I have never been called 'ugly mongo' by hundreds of school children nor do I have vivid flashbacks of the aforementioned event. Thanks :)

Dr. Loon wrote:
    I'm not at all!! Just goin back to the old joke! I keep trying to tell people not to take me too seriously. Apologies, for the mis-communication

You have to admit though its hard to know if people are being sarcastic or not in here.

Maybe you could give me a face lift seen as you're a doctor. Was it you who did Moe's facelift. Love that episode of the Simpsons - it was on last night but I HAD to go to the pub so I didn't see it!

Ionopaul - well said.

ionapaul wrote:
    Isn't this thread almost the definition of 'harmless fun'? Why is everyone getting worked up?

Unless people are getting flashbacks from primary school, standing against the wall while all the other children chanted 'mongo, mongo, mongo, MONGO, MONGO, MONGO' till my head explodes and I grab the ringleader and smack him and smack him and smack him before being dragged off him and into the 'dark' room with the mops where I am left alone with my thoughts, scheming revenge that will culminate with me getting high scores on a public website where I have posted my photo for the cruel masses to judge whether I am hot or not.

I would like to take this opportunity to state that I have never been called 'ugly mongo' by hundreds of school children nor do I have vivid flashbacks of the aforementioned event. Thanks :)
    An eggbert moment.

Dr. Loon wrote:
    No I feel the need to give my opinion on a bunch of fools posting up pics of themselves, and everyone oohhin and aahing over each other. Each to their own I suppose. Now relax there Hobart. Post your pic up and make yourself feel good. Go on!
    :

jeez i wish i never posted my dam pic, i just thought it was a good way to meet the regs around here and to join in, it's not easy being cheesey. I didn't post it to get male attention, what would be the point of that? And i certainly didn't post it to make myself feel good....... there's pills for that you know! (joke)
    I just wanted you guys to know who i am and what i'm about. And i'm by no means a FOOL, i have you sussed loon ;)

i have you sussed loon ;)

Hes a cute, cuddly teddybear.

i have you sussed loon ;)

Well keep it a secret will ya? We don't want them all knowing.
    Hes a cute, cuddly teddybear.

I've been referred to like this too many times for my liking now. I'll have to up my abuse/sarcasm levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Can we stop going off topic now? pls?

Your hot.

ASL?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

That's not the topic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

What is ASL? Did I miss something?

Actually my mission is to keep you all distracted while the Ugly Police surround the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Your hot.
    Classic - you're a legend!

I was once involved in a Mexican standoff with both the Ugly Police AND the Style Police. They thought they had me cornered, but, HA HA!, look who is still wearing his velvet jumpsuit and out-styling Jonathon Ross!

Hagar wrote:
    What is ASL? Did I miss something?

A new form of high speed internet access. Get with the times. :rolleyes:

Dr. Loon wrote:
    A new form of high speed internet access. Get with the times. :rolleyes:

Minus a D perhaps?

Two questions:

1. Should my sarcasm detector be on 10?
    2. Have I missed some new developments in internet world?

Minus a D perhaps?

Two questions:

1. Should my sarcasm detector be on 10?
    2. Have I missed some new developments in internet world?

1. It should be on 11
    2. Probably not.

Dr. Loon wrote:
    1. It should be on 11

Sorry dude, I'll get it recalibrated this evening... ;)

Dr. Loon wrote:
    Well keep it a secret will ya? We don't want them all knowing.

ok, just as long as you keep doing that thing i like you doing ;)

Sorry dude, I'll get it recalibrated this evening... ;)
    Alt F4 should do the trick.

• Advertisement

Whoever called me díckhead in the oul rep comments - probably you climaxer, considering the post I got it for - Relaaaaaaax. Don't take this message board stuff so seriously, and if you're going to insult someone, at least have the balls to put your name to it. :)

right on my brotha Loon,
    peeps are to sensitive on here anymore.
    The days of slagging off on each other for fun are over I fear ;)
    I agree with the rep ****e too, I had one admit to it and we discussed it and thats fine. its a shame the rest cant put a name with the comments to make it valid, it used to be called posting how ya felt ;) now its called neg-rep it
    Its pretty funneh though when ya think about it.

:p

Dr. Loon wrote:
    Whoever called me díckhead in the oul rep comments - probably you climaxer, considering the post I got it for - Relaaaaaaax. Don't take this message board stuff so seriously, and if you're going to insult someone, at least have the balls to put your name to it. :)

It wasn't me - I have NEVER given bad rep to anyone here. I only give good rep so it must be someone else. Up to you whether you believe me.

That's cool. I believe ya.

Apologies all for taking the thread wildly off topic. It was fun though, until SOMEONE started with the díckhead thing!!! :mad: When I find out I'm gonna burn your house down.

edit - someone just sent me "wanker". Fair play whoever you are. Really, well done. You're very brave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Dr.Loon - I dont know what to say :)

I do think its hilarious though that all the girls on boards.ie have loooooooads of posative reputation... almost all of em have at least two dots. Are their posts really that fantastic ? or is it because they have 'pokey holes'

Tusky wrote:
    Are their posts really that fantastic ? or is it because they have 'pokey holes'

Someone's getting himself some +rep for that, I think I just burst me spleen laughing.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Tusky wrote:
    I do think its hilarious though that all the girls on boards.ie have loooooooads of posative reputation... almost all of em have at least two dots. Are their posts really that fantastic ? or is it because they have 'pokey holes'
    I don't know about "all" of them but there is one that seems to get to much +karma compared to her posts ( I'm going to get hammered for this.... ), Beruthiel.....She is a good mod - PI is one of my favorite forums - and there are never any real problems in it BUT you can say the same thing for ALL the forums in boards. When she posts though it's usually not something that makes you go "wow" or "yes I agree!" it's more like a repetition of what someone else has already said somewhere above her post or just general advice which anyone would have given, or at least nothing mind-blowing. Yet there she is, top of the karma league, if she gets any more I may need to get an extension for my monitor so I can browse PI. It's possible she posts in another forum like say....Scuba-Diving or something like that were every post is like poetry or an eye-opening revelation to everyone reading it; I wouldn't know because I don't browse it, I find it odd she gets so much +karma. I wonder if people who give the karma leave their nicks?

tsk tsk tsk...
    Beruthiel is our Queen,
    now bow and kiss her grand kharma ring!

*All hale the glorious Queen Beruthiel*

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

BEAT wrote:
    *All hale the glorious Queen Beruthiel*
    Ah well now that explains it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I don't know about "all" of them but there is one that seems to get to much +karma compared to her posts ( I'm going to get hammered for this.... ), Beruthiel.....She is a good mod - PI is one of my favorite forums - and there are never any real problems in it BUT you can say the same thing for ALL the forums in boards. When she posts though it's usually not something that makes you go "wow" or "yes I agree!" it's more like a repetition of what someone else has already said somewhere above her post or just general advice which anyone would have given, or at least nothing mind-blowing. Yet there she is, top of the karma league, if she gets any more I may need to get an extension for my monitor so I can browse PI. It's possible she posts in another forum like say....Scuba-Diving or something like that were every post is like poetry or an eye-opening revelation to everyone reading it; I wouldn't know because I don't browse it, I find it odd she gets so much +karma. I wonder if people who give the karma leave their nicks?

maybe she puts out at the boards beers ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

kiss her ring????? :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement