Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Boards Anonymous" 13 step program

Options
  • 20-09-2004 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭

I was thinking that as this is my 1000th post, about just how much time have I devoted to Boards over the last year and a half...and the more I dwelled on that...well, the more I realised my addiction and dependancy on "boards".

I now know that I need support and encouragement in fighting back ... that's why I am formally requesting, nay pleading for a BA forum - a 12 step program for Boards addicts plus the 'special' boards step*. Please Admins, think of the horror that you unwittingly unleashed and help us change our desperate ways...

I would ask all of you to look deep in your hearts and recognise the lonely addict that lurks behind your avatars. Are you ready to purge your caches and join us in daily fellowship?? Courage, mes amis!

To get us all started here are my thoughts on step 1
    admit we were powerless over 'boards' and that our lives were unmanageable.
    How many of us have gone without food, drink, television, social interaction God even sex to fuel our desperate need for just one more post. After Hours even drove us to 'hard' live "chat" or charlie as some call it...There is no-one that has not sneaked a look, just for "10 minutes" at work, or plotted with others to circumvent harsh anti-boards IT dept policies. Some have lost girlfriends, wives, jobs and even sanity itself in the obsessive desire to post the perfect riposte, to start the most interesting thread, or to irritate ecksor sorely. And there is not not one of us here who would not gladly suffer death in order to be able to quote Monty Python in inopportune topics - Uhh. Well, one- Oh, yeah. Yeah, there's one, but otherwise, we're solid!

Enough is enough, I say - We are powerless to stop, we need each other to break the cycle and help each other in strength as we battle to stop being "Users" - Registered or otherwise. It is time to call a halt - to lay down our sigs and engage in 'conversation' with those real-life 'people' around us.

Admins, lend me your ears. Give us our forum and let us HEAL!!!

P.S. Anyone be my sponsor?

*Boards "Thirteenth step"™ is a registered Trademark of Boards Anonymous. May or may not be revealed upon sucessful completion of the Boards Anonymous 13 step program. Charges may apply.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

MadsL wrote:
    How many of us have gone without food, drink, television, social interaction God even sex to fuel our desperate need for just one more post.
    Not me anyway :D
    I was without a regular net connection for over a year, didn't miss boards (or any other online stuff) at all.
    It's actually quite liberating not having to worry if one of your posts is being flamed while you're not looking ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Nope... I'm not addicted. It's just like the giant foam cowboy hat, I can stop any time I want. I just don't want to.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

My ears are staying just where they are buddy!

DeV.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Dang.... I thought he wanted a BA Baracus forum...:(

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

tumbleweed.jpg

I guess this didn't take off...

But before I STFU...A prize for anyone who can guess the Thirteenth Step...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

MadsL wrote:

A Perfect Circle's sophomore album?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

why 13 steps ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Strange, for such an addict I would have thought that you would have known to post this thread here-> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=461

:p

Yep, I already slapped my forehead hard for that mistake...

...but what doesn't kill me ...still hurts

Any kind Admin want to move this to the Forums, ehh forum...??

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

MadsL wrote:
    Coming back to boards obviously. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

As the song goes, you can log out but you never leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

They have a 12 step system for beating boards already

Well, 12 clicks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I ask them to ban moi, but oooooo no they had to make a song and dance about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Boston wrote:
    I ask them to ban moi, but oooooo no they had to make a song and dance about it.
    everyone deserves a racey dance number. some with a jazz hand finish, some without im afraid.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Boston, I offered to mangle your password for you ...

I see Boston has already made it to step 2;
    Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

He just tried the wrong 'greater power'.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Anyone else feel reminded of the celestine prophecy?

Advertisement