Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deep Blue Sea

Options
  • 17-11-1999 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

Lo lads, just my 2 cents on DBS. Comments?

Well this was a suprise, better than I had expected for what was reputed to be "Jaws on steroids".

Not going to say much about the gfx, you've seen the trailers. They are second to none.

Ok, you require a little suspension of disbelief for the "genetically modified shark becomes intelligent, eats creator (whilst swimming through corridors in large underwater laboratory)" storyline.

The film is quite funny in some places, eg. in the scenes where it "borrows" scenes from Jaws, Aliens [1] and Pulp Fiction (Yea though I walk ..).

One of the interesting things about it is that at no point in the film do you know who is going to survive until the end. In fact one of these surprises is one of the funniest parts of film [2].

I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10... though note that if you're male you just gotta see it for Saffron smile.gif

rgds,

Al.

--

[1]: Damn, Saffron Burrows sooo fine in that scene!! You know the one I mean. smile.gif She's quite a good actress too - her first scene in the office was cool.

[2]: I have a sick mind smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I would have to say that Ms. Burrows is one of the worst actresses I have ever clapped eyes on. And definitely the worst I've ever clapped ears on - that fake posho Brit accent really got on my tits. Her performace was finest oak as well, truly awful.

That said I thoroughly enjoyed the movie smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

You weren't supposed to concentrate on her voice ffs! smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I wasnt concentrating on her voice, it drilled into my head like a relentless drilling thing smile.gif inescapable is the word i'd use.

A bit like the sharks then smile.gif

Wasn't it class when [no-spoiler] was grabbed by the shark?

Just when we were getting psyched up! smile.gif

Excellent.

Al.

Still gotta love a woman who looks like that smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Naa, the movie wasn't that great. The "Let's kick some ass!" speech was the best part of the movie. smile.gif

• Advertisement

Ya defo smile.gif

but you're still a muppet.

Al.

Advertisement