Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

play.com

• 20-09-2004 5:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

hey everyone!

I'm thinking of purchasing from play.com,

I have question about their delivery,

on their items it says $$ price, delivered,

does that include Ireland too? or free delivery to the UK only?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

It's free delivery to Ireland aswell.
    Very handy.

Just a little tip when ordering...
    Always buy in sterling, if you change the currency to euro, play.com round the price up a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Thanks Karl :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

And when the postman is doing his job right it should take exactly one week to get delivered. At least that's how long it takes for me.

Also, be sure to check out http://www.happyhunter.com it will give you the cheepest price on any DVD as it checks all the online DVD retailers.

And when the postman is doing his job right it should take exactly one week to get delivered. At least that's how long it takes for me.

Jesus... Sometimes I would take 2 days from when it was posted for me. Though that's only sometimes. Usually 3-4 days, but a week I would class as late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Jesus... Sometimes I would take 2 days from when it was posted for me. Though that's only sometimes. Usually 3-4 days, but a week I would class as late.
    it usually takes about a week through amazon, plus they charge for delivery.

it's about time i checked into play then.. i guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Also, be sure to check out http://www.happyhunter.com it will give you the cheepest price on any DVD as it checks all the online DVD retailers.

Not a bad site, I prefer http://www.find-dvd.co.uk/ myself, a must have site to get the best prices on DVD's. They also have similar sites for CD's, DVD's and books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

I get my CDs from CD WOW. They have free worldwide delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

A week and a half to 2 weeks for me , but I do live in what yee palers would call the middle of nowhere/culchie land :p .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Its been taking 2 weeks for me lately (I'm in cork)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Thanks for the link guys!

Karl, yea same here! 2-3 days max - 5 days!

• Advertisement

it usually takes about a week through amazon, plus they charge for delivery.

Yeah, I've ordered from amazon too, and I find it's usually a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I must say they did a good job on the Star Wars Boxset at play.com

Posted yesterday, arrived this morning. It was sent Royal Mail - 1st Class for some reason.

I lay most of the blame for delayed deliverys with my own post office. Sometimes DVDs sent from completely different websites at completely different dates all arrive at the same time with a little rubber band tied around them.

Most recently it took 2 weeks for Shaun of the Dead to arrive, and it was sent out from play.com at the same time as another title which arrived a week before it.

sendit.co.uk (formally blackstar.co.uk) are great for speedy deliverys as they are based in Belfast, so everything tends to arrive the next day. Their prices aren't the best though, but they seem to be improving.

Advertisement