Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site colours and TFTs

Options
  • 20-09-2004 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Seeing as more and more people are using TFTs these days, does it seem likely that soon designers will be designing using TFTs instead of the better (colour-wise) CRTs?

I have yet to see a TFT that gives an entirely accurate colour representation of how a site designed on a CRT looks. That said, if everyone looking at your site will be doing so through TFTs, is there any point using CRTs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Dale

TFT's in my opinion are stupid, as i cannot view colours correctly on them. Like #F9F9F9 came up really differently when i viewed it on a TFT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

The first thing I have to do whan I log on to any computer in college is change the damn colour settings. Otherwise everything is just wrong. I usually go for the 72000K default and then tweak the brightness up a little.

What I don't understand is why the TFT's "auto" mode produces such weird results...

Advertisement