Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Carpenters Vampires

Options
  • 15-11-1999 12:52pm
    Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

What can I say - it was truely awful. Sh1te dialog, sh1te plot, predicable, and a great laugh. Go in and expect nothing and you'll have a great time. James Wood's character tries to be so macho. I laughed my way through it.

Draco

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

well the ultra gore redeemed it in some bits smile.gif

still isnt a pinch on Dusk till dawn tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

dusk til dawn was crap

buffy the vampire slayer without buffy

nuff said

actually not nuff said.
    most of tarintinos films are crap.
    only exception is resevouir dogs

all the rest are ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

True Romance was cool.
    Desperado was funny.

Vampires was sh1te! I even have it on DVD. Any takers? smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

*slap*

dusk till dawn was class smile.gif

no accounting for taste I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yeah Hobbes I have the DVD as well. Its actually good if your extremely ****ed, I mean extremely ie close to unconciousness wink.gif

Gandalf.

www.gibworld.com/gandalf gandalf@gibworld.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Buffy the Vampire Slayer would probably rock even without buffy, because yer wan the geeky girl with the red hair gets enough good lines to carry the show.

See the last episode (the one banned in the states) is on TV on Friday night?

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Yep!
    Don't forget Xander has a hell of a lot of good lines as well - remember the "Lino makes me horny" scene? And Charisma Captenter...yummy!

As for From Dusk to Dawn - it was a great film. There were just so many funny scenes in it...the "I was in the NAM!" is one of my favourites.

Draco

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

erm, it wasn't banned it was delayed release due to Colombine, although I have no idea why.

Two kids shooting up a school, and a bunch of kids kicking the **** out of large demon...

yea I can see the similarities.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

What is particularly ironic is that they did show the epsiode that had the kid Buffy thought was going to shoot a load of kids.
    It would have been shown a couple of weeks before hand.
    Particularly phrophetic were the lines:

Willow "I can't believe some would shoot their own class mates"
    Claudilia "Like that never happens in American High Schools"

Draco

Advertisement