Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shels vs Pats /Refs vs FAI

• 20-09-2004 9:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Shels play Pats tonight in an rearranged game, both at full strength which menas shels have 20 odd players to choose from , pats still ringing around for subs.

Should be interesting to see the superb Shels support on a cold windy monday night when Man Utd are playing at same time. Expect 1000 odd pats fans to be there and maybe 200 shels fans.

Refs are threatening to strike and not allow a ref to cover tonights game so it may not go ahead as Shels hooligan chairman keeps assaulting refs and getting away with a €2 fine. Would check nesstalk every hour to ensure the game is on or check interweb.

Should be a fun game , would expect shels to win 2-0. But we can always hope. Highlights will be shown if i get my new DV cam toy working :)

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Man, you really hate Shels don't ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Indeed i do , but football would suck if we all liked each other.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

KdjaC wrote:
    both at full strength which menas shels have 20 odd players to choose from , pats still ringing around for subs.

LOL, nice one!
    KdjaC wrote:
    Should be interesting to see the superb Shels support on a cold windy monday night when Man Utd are playing at same time. Expect 1000 odd pats fans to be there and maybe 200 shels fans.

Nah, we'll get at least the 24,000 who turned up for the Depor game, I even hear there are some Waterford supporters coming to cheer us on tonight.
    KdjaC wrote:
    Refs are threatening to strike and not allow a ref to cover tonights game so it may not go ahead

This is a problem alright. It will cause big problems for the league. I wonder what the real issue is. ( Apart from Ollie's antics, however, I don't think he has ever actually assaulted a ref! )

Anyway KdjaC I'll be there, you'll probably see me, as I am a Shels fan, I'll be the one in the denim jacket. Say hello if you do.

seansouth wrote:
    Nah, we'll get at least the 24,000 who turned up for the Depor game, I even hear there are some Waterford supporters coming to cheer us on tonight.

Ground only holds 8 ;)
    seansouth wrote:

This is a problem alright. It will cause big problems for the league. I wonder what the real issue is. ( Apart from Ollie's antics, however, I don't think he has ever actually assaulted a ref! )

This is a regualr thing , they just want fines and punishments to equate to the offence. Feel sorry for next person to **** with refs he gonna get shafted (bet its tonight and whoever it is , will be pats related and Ollie wants death sentence for him , prolly get it too)
    seansouth wrote:
    Anyway KdjaC I'll be there, you'll probably see me, as I am a Shels fan, I'll be the one in the denim jacket. Say hello if you do.

Shockingly as it Shels in Tolka you wont be hard to spot, be a choice of 4, for being a shels fan i get you a coke at half time :)

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    for being a shels fan i get you a coke at half time :)
    kdjac

These Boards are really building bridges betweel eL fans.

I look forward to my coke.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Cén tám é do kick off? lol

I think it's 19.45 - are you going?

Disclaimer: Can may be full and travelling at speed.

Eirebhoy , where is you? me going by bookies on way to match what score will it be and who will be 1st scorer , oh oracle of soccer or complete jammy bstard?

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

KdjaC wrote:
    Eirebhoy , where is you? me going by bookies on way to match what score will it be and who will be 1st scorer , oh oracle of soccer or complete jammy bstard?
    I'm sorry to say it would be slightly more of the latter.

Prediction: Shels 2-0 Pats. :(

eirebhoy wrote:
    Prediction: Shels 2-0 Pats. :(

Whats the craic with the frown eirebhoy?

Anyway, I wouldn't be too sure about Pat's not scoring.

For Shels, Crawley is suspended, which means Rogers has to move out to left back, and Kev Doherty to move in to the centre back position.

This combination is suspect.

While Rogers has performed well in the centre back position, I believe he is weak at left back. I think Harris does a good job in telling Scouser what to do, in his ear all the time, he won't get this out at left back. Also, Doherty is only back from a long injury lay off ( one of many ), may be not at his sharpest.

My prediction for waht it's worth.

Shels to win, but not comfortably. 2-1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

seansouth wrote:
    Whats the craic with the frown eirebhoy?
    I'm a Pats 'supporter'. I wouldn't say I'm the greatest ambassador for the club as I've been to no more than 2 games this season. I wouldn't be going to games on my own so the only times I'd go is when my nephew's are down.

eirebhoy wrote:
    I'm a Pats 'supporter'. I wouldn't say I'm the greatest ambassador for the club as I've been to no more than 2 games this season. I wouldn't be going to games on my own so the only times I'd go is when my nephew's are down.

You and KdjaC should start a board/Pats supporters club. You could go to matches together, and share that anti-Shels chip on the shoulder...

Maybe call it the "close to the drop losers club"?

disclaimer: meant in the nicest possible way...

;)

heh eirebhoy came out of the closet :)

Reckless do you like Pats?

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:

Reckless do you like Pats?

*cough splutter* Hell no!

Ah serious but, they're all right. Never liked Fat Pat, he annoyed me for some reason, other than that youse usually play tidy football. Used to work with Keith Doyle as well, terribly nice bloke he was. Where's he playing now?

I'm one of those fair-weather Shels fans you complain about all the time. I was supposed to head in tonight (fancied seeing an easy Shels win ;) ), but I'm laid up with a nasty throat infection and I'm on all kinds of tasty medication. Any excuse, wha?

*cough splutter* Hell no!

And we hate you too , title stealing bastards.
    I'm one of those fair-weather Shels fans you complain about all the time. I was supposed to head in tonight (fancied seeing an easy Shels win ;) ), but I'm laid up with a nasty throat infection and I'm on all kinds of tasty medication. Any excuse, wha?

Weird on my pc thats shows up as
    Man Utd playing liverpool on tv and i goona watch that cos i a Man Utd fan

:)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Thats funny , but to be fair he is a Spurs fan .

KdjaC wrote:

Weird on my pc thats shows up as

Must be Windows ME...

ManYoo fan? You're 'aving a larf, inn't ya?

Spurs actually...

[edit]Big Ears beat me to it[/edit]

KdjaC wrote:
    Man Utd playing liverpool on tv and i goona watch that cos i a Man Utd fan
    :eek:

And him a Spurs fan. Nice typo!
    Must be Windows ME...
    Quite!

FORZA SHELS

Any truth in the rumour that Shels won 3-1 tonight?

;);););)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Wish I'd got down! Stupid me being ill and getting worse as the day went on! :( Woulda gone had I felt like I did at lunchtime! Ah well, 9 men aye? Ouch! :)

• Advertisement

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Wish I'd got down! Stupid me being ill and getting worse as the day went on!

Tell the truth, you're a ManYoo fan and you' satyed at home to watch the Prem... ;)

Funny old game, suppose tis the luck you get at the top , we have 2 players sent off for dissent yet shels have 3 kept for horrendous tackles.

Wasnt a bad game football wise shame Shels whine at everything that goes agaisnt them when Pats do they get sent off :confused:
    Champions Shelbourne cruised into a five-point lead at the top of the table after this fractious Dublin derby saw St. Pat's finish the game with just nine men.

A brilliant goal from Jim Crawford, his first of the season, gave Shels the lead on 15 minutes.

Jason Byrne hit his 18th of the season on 65 minutes as Shels stamped their authority on affairs.

St. Pat's Keith Fahey was then dismissed for dissent immediately after the goal.

Mark Quinless got St. Pat's back into the game with a goal on 75 minutes.

Ger McCarthy finally eased Shels' nerves with their third goal on 89 minutes before Des Byrne was also dismissed for dissent a minute later

kdjac

Well, what was the attendance like? Did those Waterford fans make it after all?

And did you buy that coke?

Finally, happy 2000th post to me!!! :cool:

KdjaC wrote:
    Expect 1000 odd pats fans to be there
    kdjac
    Er, where were you all? Nowhere near a thousand of ye over there.

I have to say, SPA were very poor tonight, and the fact that two players got sent off for what looked like dissent shows how frustrated they got.

I didn't like the sight of some of your so called fans running down from their seats and heckling players/match officials either.

Crawford's goal was very good, for those that didn't see it, take a gander at eL weekly tonight, well taken strike.

I think Ger McCarthy should go to finishing school. Ronnie Rosenthal would have proud of that first miss of his tonight.

*edit*
    Where was me coke by the way? Or did you bring some methodone?

seansouth wrote:
    Where was me coke by the way? Or did you bring some methodone?

Was that not you sitting by yourself in the uncovered end?

About 1500 there tonight, still we outnumbered the Champions elect at home.
    Tbh compared to earlier in the season we didnt actually play that badly, Crawfords goal was a decent strike well worth watching again. the match officals are there to be heckeld when your players are sent off for dissent and a Shels player stays on for a tackle bruce lee would be proud off(we didnt even get a free kick)

LOL@ Ger mc Carthy hasnt changed much since he left us, hes a younger faster more woeful Marcus Hallows.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Feel sorry for next person to **** with refs he gonna get shafted (bet its tonight and whoever it is , will be pats related and Ollie wants death sentence for him , prolly get it too)

Seems you were right.

( yeah, and Ollie wants both players shot in front of Tolka next home game, I heard him sayin it as I left there this evening )
    KdjaC wrote:
    the match officals are there to be heckeld when your players are sent off for dissent and a Shels player stays on for a tackle bruce lee would be proud off(we didnt even get a free kick)

I don't know the tackle you were on about, maybe I'll see it on el Weekly now eh?

I'll give my opinion in the morning.

seansouth wrote:
    ( yeah, and Ollie wants both players shot in front of Tolka next home game, I heard him sayin it as I left there this evening )

Bet he charges them in too :)

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Bet he charges them in too :)

kdjac

Yeah, but he'll let them bring 15 kids for free...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

seansouth wrote:
    I didn't like the sight of some of your so called fans running down from their seats and heckling players/match officials either.

I thought both Shels fans had gone out of puberty now and actually knew what goes on inside real football grounds, with real adults, and real football fans. Seán South, you don't generally sound like one of the Landsdowne Road barstool brigade, so don't act like one. :eek:

• Advertisement

Bateman wrote:
    I thought both Shels fans had gone out of puberty now and actually knew what goes on inside real football grounds, with real adults, and real football fans. Seán South, you don't generally sound like one of the Landsdowne Road barstool brigade, so don't act like one. :eek:

Did KdjaC borry you his chip on the shoulder? Would you like sauce to go with it?

Forza Shels, the real reds...

I'm a Bohs fan, and as such have a whole single on each shoulder. Fish too. We don't borrow chips, we produce them. In spades.

Bateman wrote:
    I'm a Bohs fan, and as such have a whole single on each shoulder.

:D

A sense of humour, essential when you're a Bohs fan...

We do try. We don't mean anyhting by it though.

Advertisement