Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Are the best 3dmark 2003 scores on this forum????

Options
  • 20-09-2004 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

just wodering what are the best 3dmark 2003 scores on this forum????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Post your scores here, I want to see how Ireland is doing in comparison with some of the other forums i have been on in england and europe etc, and get a comparison with the score i got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

gline wrote:
    Post your scores here, I want to see how Ireland is doing in comparison with some of the other forums i have been on in england and europe etc, and get a comparison with the score i got.

mines in my sig, pretty dismal

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

over 12,000 last time I ran it.
    Athlon 64 2800+ atm (overclocked to roughly 2.4Ghz)
    Galaxy Glacier 6800GT overclocked to over Ultra speeds

may run it one of these days and see what the exact score is

http://www.xtremesystems.org is a good place to look for 3dMark (high) scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I dont do to well on this benchmark. Only get 5500 points the last time i tryed.

My old score was 5398 with
    Asus Fx5200 oc'd @ 290 , 460 (65.73 Drivers) with fx51 @ 2.78ghz

• Advertisement

Come to think of it that was only my 3dmark 2001 scorem, the 3dmark2003 was far worse, that graphics card really makes the difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

I got 12686 with X800 Pro (softmodded to XT) and P4 3.2 GHz. :)

netman wrote:
    I got 12686 with X800 Pro (softmodded to XT) and P4 3.2 GHz. :)

Thats good, was that the VIVO flashed to XT?

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

i got 10954 running my card at only 370 core 1ghz mem due to hight temp in my case! till i get a new case this has to remain

Wow thats really gud, with better cooling , that will kick ass

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

gline wrote:
    Thats good, was that the VIVO flashed to XT?

Yeah, works like a charm. There's even some headroom for overclocking :)

gline wrote:
    Wow thats really gud, with better cooling , that will kick ass
    yup I'm in search of a new case, new watercooling and new monitor, waiting to see if this guy still has the sony 19" TFT, if not I may take the samsung 19" TFT, if thats gone as well I get a 22" CRT!

my over all temp is over 60 idle so I have to do something to cool it down for better performance! having all those drives raid not really helping my temp! as i work with 4 drives at the same time! and cpu be also at 100% load! you can imagine how warm it is!

StRiKeR wrote:
    yup I'm in search of a new case, new watercooling and new monitor, waiting to see if this guy still has the sony 19" TFT, if not I may take the samsung 19" TFT, if thats gone as well I get a 22" CRT!

my over all temp is over 60 idle so I have to do something to cool it down for better performance! having all those drives raid not really helping my temp! as i work with 4 drives at the same time! and cpu be also at 100% load! you can imagine how warm it is!

my god thats very hot at 60 IDLE. Man u'd wana be careful wit dat, a few silent 120mm fans in d case and a decent watercooling set up will sort that out.

Man i'd love a tft capable of 1600x1200, with a decent response time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

*sobs at his 7360*..getting watercooling soon for my cpu..but thats not gonna boost my score...im not buying a new vid card yet...hell no....7360 sucks though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

3dMark2003 - 12,000 +
    AquaMark - 51,000 +

I'll edit this later for the exact figure as im in work.

i thought aquamark was ..pretty dependant on the vid card (cpu as well but you know what i mean) ..you have double my 3dmark ..yet about the same aquamark :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

i thought aquamark was ..pretty dependant on the vid card (cpu as well but you know what i mean) ..you have double my 3dmark ..yet about the same aquamark

3dmark'03 Is almost totally graphics card related. If you want to break 8k you will need a different card....... the X800's and 6800's are the cards of choice for this benchmark obviously, the CPU , Memory etc play a far smaller role.

3dmark'01 is a better indication of overall system gaming performance, but its getting old now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

yeh my 03 is about done i reckon..wont get much more out of the card..head room on aquamark and 01 though

22500 on 01 and 50500 on aqua...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

3dmark2001 = 21,026
    3dmark2003 = 7,547
    aquamark = 51,899

I'm modding my psu this week to increase my 12v rail. It's undervolting to 11.5v @ 3.6ghz and powers off when I go higher. Luckily my psu has adjustable pots inside so with a multi-meter I can open it up and raise it over 12v. Hoping to hit 3.8-4.0ghz this weekend on air. Should push my memory close to 550mhz as well.

Getting an x800pro vivo soon too and a thermalright xp-120 to cool that prescott down and reduce the noise. Winter is setting in fast so the colder ambient temps will help push it further as well.

Anyone know when 3dmark2005 is out? The early screenshots look sweet.

BloodBth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

3DMK01

3DMK03

Aquamark

With spec in sig :cool:

CC

*gline check the last monitor on this page...http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/lcd18.html i highly recommend it. ;)

Nice scores, did you have the 3800 or the ultra overclocked at all?

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Nope, nothing is overclocked, i havent dabbled with that yet.. :p

CC

Damn and you have water cooling. Get overclocking. You should be able to push 14k-15k in 2003 with that setup.

BloodBath

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

3D Mark 2001 22,660
    3D Mark 2003 7,342
    Aquamark 52,085

gline wrote:
    my god thats very hot at 60 IDLE. Man u'd wana be careful wit dat, a few silent 120mm fans in d case and a decent watercooling set up will sort that out.

Man i'd love a tft capable of 1600x1200, with a decent response time.

yea i know, thats why I'm only running my vid card at 370core and 1ghz mem, stock speed for the galaxy glacier, but even that it gets heats up! lower to 350core, completely stock speed, thats because almost all the heat are stuck under where the vid card is coz the vid card and the hdd almost join togther, air not moving much! like a heat storage, dont want to leave the case open tho!too many hdds, gonna get new case this weekend and watercooling but also thinking about something like the Prometeia Microfreezer!

Col_Loki wrote:
    3dmark'03 Is almost totally graphics card related. If you want to break 8k you will need a different card....... the X800's and 6800's are the cards of choice for this benchmark obviously, the CPU , Memory etc play a far smaller role.

3dmark'01 is a better indication of overall system gaming performance, but its getting old now.

thats right 2003 gives the cpu score seperately if you click on details you can see it there after benchmark finish, its not very much cpu related! 2001 does but it is getting old, its better to use 2003 as it support DX9 n as these 2 cards are made for!!!

by the way sorry for the nerd fight, I was just trying mess with bloodbath seens he didnt know who I was! but have to play along with you too or he figure out quicker! it was a lough!

CombatCow wrote:
    3DMK01

3DMK03

Aquamark

With spec in sig :cool:

CC

*gline check the last monitor on this page...http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/lcd18.html i highly recommend it. ;)

Nice scores man, and a nice rig too, i checked out the tft, nice but very very pricey, can get it imported cheaper from the states,

Scores will be amazing when your card is OC'd

StRiKeR wrote:
    yea i know, thats why I'm only running my vid card at 370core and 1ghz mem, stock speed for the galaxy glacier, but even that it gets heats up! lower to 350core, completely stock speed, thats because almost all the heat are stuck under where the vid card is coz the vid card and the hdd almost join togther, air not moving much! like a heat storage, dont want to leave the case open tho!too many hdds, gonna get new case this weekend and watercooling but also thinking about something like the Prometeia Microfreezer!

I would definitly recommend the Mach II cooler ;) in this season (nice ambient temps) the mach II reached -51 degrees celius. Though the cpu is only aroun -9, which is bad for a mach II, i dont have good contact between the cpu and cooling head. I just havnt bothered fiddling around wit much, it is a bit fiddley installing it , but well worth it.

• Advertisement

lets take a look at the Mach II, even -9 is fine for me, I'm not plaining on overclocking as such, just want a cool system! its crap when your system reboots in the middle of a game due to overheating! the system is so hot even my HDDs are overheating! lucky I just spot it when that happened! shut down and cool down, now leaving the case open, temp dropped to 52c and cpu drop to 33c and vid card drop to 52c also, not too bad for now!

Advertisement