Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Are the best 3dmark 2003 scores on this forum????

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

If you're not going to be overclocking a Mach II isn't a good solution. It's for extreme overclocking, and can be a lot of hassle (really heavy, messy putting the sealstring around the block, etc). Not to mention the price of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

koneko is right, if your not going to be overclocking , dont bother getting a MACH II, its like buying a ferrari just to go to the shops and back :)

a decent watercooling system would be fine with some silent case fans and a bigger case.

Man those temps sound painful, id be careful with ur system , it would probably do some damage to hardware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

5300ish on my sig rig
    not bad for a 550euro system

I no 3dm03 is a gfx based benchmark but the two cpu tests can really drag your score down if its not up to scratch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

StRiKeR wrote:
    lets take a look at the Mach II, even -9 is fine for me, I'm not plaining on overclocking as such, just want a cool system! its crap when your system reboots in the middle of a game due to overheating! the system is so hot even my HDDs are overheating! lucky I just spot it when that happened! shut down and cool down, now leaving the case open, temp dropped to 52c and cpu drop to 33c and vid card drop to 52c also, not too bad for now!

Surely you're capable of getting good airflow through a case with minimal noise without having to resort to a Mach II for cooling if you're not going to be overclocking? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I no 3dm03 is a gfx based benchmark but the two cpu tests can really drag your score down if its not up to scratch

The cpu tests have no effect on the overall score. You can press escape after the first 4 tests and still get a valid 03 score. The cpu does have an effect on the video card tests though but not much. Just a couple of hundred points between my system at 3.2 and 3.6 but the memory is clocked higher at 3.6 as well.

BloodBath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

TacT wrote:
    Surely you're capable of getting good airflow through a case with minimal noise without having to resort to a Mach II for cooling if you're not going to be overclocking? :eek:

i know but wouldn't mind having one! :D

new score running the card at Ultra Stock speed
    400MHz core 1.1Ghz Mem
    3Dmark2003 11542 GPU at 64c after benchmark

410Mhz core 1.15Ghz mem
    3Dmark2003 11847 GPU at 64c after benchmark

seems a little low!

seems about right to me. My card was running at 440/1.18Ghz for my 12.2K score

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

3DMark03 = 11061
    First test using new Gainward 6800GT. No overclocking

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=3076566

Why is no one putting in a link to there scores ??

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

MickFarr wrote:
    3DMark03 = 11061
    First test using new Gainward 6800GT. No overclocking

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=3076566

Why is no one putting in a link to there scores ??

everytime I click on online browser it fail, so I just leave it! :rolleyes:

was the orb down or is it a problem specific to your setup? Any error msgs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭M@lice

I score 5800.

Shuttle sn45g v2.0
    2500+ xp clocked at 200*11
    Saphire AIW Radeon 9800se softmodded to pro with omega drivers
    512mb TwinMOS ddr400 cl2.5

Not huge or anything but i was going for value when i was building my pc.

M@lice wrote:
    I score 5800.

Shuttle sn45g v2.0
    2500+ xp clocked at 200*11
    Saphire AIW Radeon 9800se softmodded to pro with omega drivers
    512mb TwinMOS ddr400 cl2.5

Not huge or anything but i was going for value when i was building my pc.

I prob should check but too lazy-does your mobo have an agp\pci lock?
    That cpu ment to be real good for oclocking on one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

That cpu ment to be real good for oclocking on one
    It is overclocked already but since it's a shuttle I'd wonder about the wisdom of pushing it any further, then again GO ON M@lice!!! :D Burn down the house, literally.

I no ill prob get laughed outta here but is there any way to flash a 5200 to ultra? id be willing to go at it with a soldering iron if i thought i could get a half decent card :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I no ill prob get laughed outta here but is there any way to flash a 5200 to ultra? id be willing to go at it with a soldering iron if i thought i could get a half decent card :D
    I'm not laughing I'm sh1ting myself instead :D Even if you were willing to go at your Gfx card with a nuclear bomb you still wont get anything decent out of a 5200. I just can't see the point in flashing it, it wont magically become a different core it will still be the same old hardware. If I were you I'd wait until the 6600GT and X700Pro are easily available and grab one of the two. 9800 Pro can be flashed to XT and is available right now if you don't want to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

im not sure but this might be the highest so far :D i think let me know if im wrong??????this is a x800xt pci express running on stock hsf will be running on water soon ..frist time to overclock it so id say ill get more out of it if i do ill keep you up to date ;)

3dmark03 !!!....13605....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

2.8E @ 3.5

Radeon 9800 Pro @ 450/378

512MB OCZ Pc4000 Gold Ram

3DMark 2002 - 18466

3DMark 2003 - 6191

****ing Prescotts!!

Good Score Dub, Its the highest in this thread so far. What would u expect , its a xt pe pci expess :) good 1 man, keep it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭M@lice

It is overclocked already but since it's a shuttle I'd wonder about the wisdom of pushing it any further, then again GO ON M@lice!!! Burn down the house, literally.

Well i probably could push the fsb up more, I mean the voltage is set to 1.45 and its perfect.

Trouble is the ram is the cheaper Twinmos ddr 400 stuff. Upping the fsb much past 400 means the timeings have to be loosened alot so i reckon it would give more of a performance hit than a gain. I've yet to try it out tho.

AS for the agp/pci lock I think its good up until 200 fsb not sure about after that. I think there is an option of changing the agp frequency separate to the fbs in the bios tho.

So far, this is what we have ,

3dmarks Score

1. dubdvd 13605
    2. gline 12786
    3. netman 12686
    4. CombatCow 12514
    5. TacT 12211
    6. MickFarr 11061
    7. StRiKeR 10954
    8. Bloodbath 7547
    9. ViperVenoM 7360
    10. Azza 7342

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

I'm after getting a realy bad one 5500 :eek: :eek:

Considering

Asus p4p800 - Going to flash bios

512Mb ocz 256x256 - Must post the timings -

9800Pro i reflashed it back to normal pro - 4.9 drivers being used -

2.8 Cpu ( Northwood ) clocked to 3.5 running stable -
    ==================================================

Only another couple of weeks before i have the cash to buy a X800 xt
    DDR 2 - Min - 1 Gig
    Mobo - haven't decided yet
    Cpu is going to be a sockett 775 - Min 3.2-3.4 Ghz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I ran the 3dmark 2003 to c what i do get. Getting 6200 score, Would be much higher only for crap ram running at 166fsb instead of above 200. But its a small price to pay to have 1 gig of ram in the computer.

Bad charlie no way in hell are you getting 6200 with what you have in your sig. 333 memory and a 9800 non pro will not score 6200.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

BadCharlie wrote:
    I ran the 3dmark 2003 to c what i do get. Getting 6200 score, Would be much higher only for crap ram running at 166fsb instead of above 200. But its a small price to pay to have 1 gig of ram in the computer.

?????? How

BloodBath wrote:
    Bad charlie no way in hell are you getting 6200 with what you have in your sig. 333 memory and a 9800 non pro will not score 6200.

BloodBath

Err well then i guess you say i lie as there is no way in hell i can get that score :).
    Ill dig up a screen pic but i dont think i took one. Will just do another run of the test and take a screenshot. Then only problem is that i would not be able to stick it up here as i dont know " so will e-mail it to your self".

Might add my computer was running close to 2400mhz when doing the benchmark "Dont leave it at that due to bad cooling". But then again i never said i benchmarked my computer running computer at 2250mhz.
    Ati9800 was running at 425 and 317. Cant oc the ram all that well on the card. Would get higher then 6200 if i just left my good stick of ram in the motherboard. Or dont you belive me that i cant even get over 6200marks :)

That's a great score for that setup. I didn't know you had the card and the processor overclocked more for the test but I still wouldn't have expected it to be that high.

Nice one.

BloodBath

Well i dont oc my video card at all for normal day use only for benchmarking "i fear of killing my card". Or my cpu that high due to load temps going up to 67c and shortly after it just shuts down haha. I dont mind abusing my cpu its a great chip has taking alot of abuse from me in the past year.

Im going to try and reach the 6500mark at the weekend. Going to take out my crap ram and push the FSB up to 220 which i know it can do. Might get some more then 2400mhz have not tryed in a while, and since then i have replaced my Blowing 300 wattPSU. The new one is much better.

Does anyone know how far i can puch the core of my video card ? its a r350. Have not pushed it beyound the 425 mark and its still has its Stock cooler on it.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Mac daddy wrote:
    I'm after getting a realy bad one 5500 :eek: :eek:

Considering

Asus p4p800 - Going to flash bios

512Mb ocz 256x256 - Must post the timings -

9800Pro i reflashed it back to normal pro - 4.9 drivers being used -

2.8 Cpu ( Northwood ) clocked to 3.5 running stable -
    ==================================================

Only another couple of weeks before i have the cash to buy a X800 xt
    DDR 2 - Min - 1 Gig
    Mobo - haven't decided yet
    Cpu is going to be a sockett 775 - Min 3.2-3.4 Ghz

I feel your pain man.. I have my prescott clocked at 3.5 Ghz and my 9800 pro overclocked beyond the XT and can only get 6,191.. I am not happy at all to be honest, especially considering Bloodbath's results..

Does anyone know how far i can puch the core of my video card ? its a r350. Have not pushed it beyound the 425 mark and its still has its Stock cooler on it.

Clock it as high as it will go before you start getting artifacts. Download ati tool. It's a handy little program that will find th max safe memory and core speeds.
    I feel your pain man.. I have my prescott clocked at 3.5 Ghz and my 9800 pro overclocked beyond the XT and can only get 6,191.. I am not happy at all to be honest, especially considering Bloodbath's results..

This is what I'm surprised at. You shouldn't be scoring lower than bad charlie. The pro's will never score the same as the xt's when flashed as they still have 128mb of memory unless it's a 256 pro of course. I had my card overclocked quite a bit over xt speeds as well. My memory goes to nearly 800mhz before artifacting but my core ain't so good.

Some nice scores out there. I can't wait to get my x800pro vivo to give some of you a run for your money.

BloodBath

• Advertisement

Doing some more benching lastnite, managed to push the x800 core even more. Managed to push the core to 582mhz with the memory at 1170mhz.

Got a 3dmark 2003 score of 12790. Not much on my last one for some reason despite aan extra 12mhz on the core, Its probably because of all the programs i have insatlled since, i should be benching on a newly formatted hd with just windows and benchmarking tools.

Still not bad, just shows the x800pro's can be overclocked really well, thats an extra 107mhz on the core, though it is on watercooling.

By the way that was with no artifacting, i tried to push it to 585mhz but the pc hung and the memory wont go up anymore due to only using ramsinks on them. Is there any way to cool the memory better on a graphics card.

Oh yeh i tried to put a screenshot in this thread but it wont work, it just puts the code in the window

Advertisement