Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Are the best 3dmark 2003 scores on this forum????

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

i gave mine a little push after reading the apost post and i clocked up this 13952...id say ill be a bove the 14000 by the end of the day :D

http://tinypic.com/ao77d

http://tinypic.com/ao76f

hold the press ...ive just broke the 14000 and theres still a fair bit more in this baby remember this is with the stock hsf ohhhhhhhhh roll on the watercooling :D

14035 ********** 3dmark03

http://tinypic.com/ao7l4

http://tinypic.com/ao7lx

heres a break down of the scores

http://tinypic.com/ao7sg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

u should write the speeds that you are getting your card up to

ok then heres it is so far ..... clock speed that got the 14035
    CORE::@555=1100MHZ ............. MEMORY::@585=1170MHZ

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

You don't double the core speed, only the memory. Nice overclock all the same.

You core is still below glines though and he has a pro but maybe the extra 4 pipes in yours are generating more heat in the core.

BlootBath.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭M@lice

Are you using the softmod badcharlie? My score is like 2000 lower without it on so i'd be amazed if you'd be able to score higher than me with a 9800 non pro un softmodded. And if it is true i'd love to hear how you managed it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

When you say softmoded, mine is not as my card is not the 9800se version. But the 9800 non pro card. Its the same card as a 9800pro just with both core and mem speed running slower but with the same amount of pipes.

what i have done to get my score is.
    1. I have the tick tack bios.
    2. Clock your CPU as far as you can mine "just under 2400mhz".
    3. Try and up your FSB as high as you can when ocing your CPU.
    4. Your timming on your ram is very important. I have mine at 11,2,2,2 this i have read from alot of sites is ment to be the optimal settings for my chip and motherboard. They work fine for me and does the job.
    5. Dl and install the most upto date drivers for your motherboard "mine 27megs big".
    6. I have the new omega drivers which alow me to up my core to"425" from 324, And my ram to "317" from 290 (Crap Ram).
    7. Set both your OpenGL & Direct3D to Performance for the test.
    8. Make sure you end all programs that you dont need while running the test " The likes of Nortan, Nvidia mixer or what every you have running in the backround that you dont need".
    8. When i load up 3Dmark i then go into task manager. Go to processes and set my 3Dmark program to "High Priority".
    9. Install dx9.0c driver.
    10. Benchmarking works good when you have a clean install of windows. I have a ghost image of my windows.

Thats about all that i can think of. It has taking me a good year to be honest to get a good score in 3Dmark 2001 & 2003. Alot of reading on what to do and what not. And i know i can get a better score still in both them 3Dmarks "maybe a 100 or so" due to getting a much better PSU. Will try this weekend when i get the time to open computer up.

Hope that helps you on your quest of a better benchmark.

PS. I dont think i have all that great of a score. It might be the most i can get out of this system i guess it will have to do .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

For an extra few marks, you can also set the tests in a certain order....... forget the exact way but i know it makes a slight difference.

never tried it ...but i heard that if you run mother nature first from a cold boot it helps???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Orginal score was a pitty full - 5406 and now i got 6646 overclocked the card and reflashed it back to XT speeds ;)

A bit better

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭M@lice

Oh yea i forgot about the 9800 np having the full 8 pipes so that explains it alright.

I score around 5900 with all the settings on performance in the drivers but is that no kinda cheating? I mean look at all the ruckess over ati's "brilinear" filterage atm. I thought optimisations were frowned upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Everyone does it to get their best scores. It's a completely valid 3dmark score.

BloodBath

Installed the latest drivers last night and hit over 6700 getting better :)

^^ 4.9 drivers

And will push a bit more out of the core and memory tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Thats a better score then mine by 500. Must push computer to the limits this weekend.
    Im glad that your score has gone up so much. In general if someone has a good computer but is scoring poorly then there is something wrong, it could be drivers or harddrive in a mess or something conflicting with your setup.

U manage to get any more core dub???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Hitting 11903 with everything at stock speeds bar a tiny oc on my gfx card.

Venom wrote:
    Hitting 11903 with everything at stock speeds bar a tiny oc on my gfx card.

good score man, what did u oc the gfx to????

Its a good card anyway and as 3dmark 2003 is mainly using the graphics card, that what explains the good score. Good one man

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

gline wrote:
    good score man, what did u oc the gfx to????

Its a good card anyway and as 3dmark 2003 is mainly using the graphics card, that what explains the good score. Good one man

Its 402/1.10 which is a little over the 400/1.10 that the ultras normaly come at and seeing as I flashed a GT to Ultra I quite happy with the result even if I had to under clock the card down from 425/1.10.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

with GT bios again running Ultra speed 400/1100

higher score again than the Ultra bios

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Feck this..

I finally got over 50,000 in Aquamark :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pyrogenx

got a Galaxy Glacier 6800Gt about 2 weeks ago.
    3200xp, 1gb pc3200, lots of HD's ..... no time to specify specs right now.

3D Mark 2k3 = 11738

Advertisement