Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback for us from Saturday.

Options
  • 20-09-2004 11:31am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Beyond bad beat stories and other poker discussions, any of you care to feedback to us what was good and what could stand improvement about Saturday?

What did you think of the Shootout format, would you prefer to see it happen like that every Month?

What did you think of the structure? too slow, too fast etc...

Should we allow a single rebuy, would you like to see more formal extra side-events?

Anything you think we should know or hear from you. Maybe you thought it was great, if so we need to know that we are doing something right! :)

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

I felt Saturday was really enjoyable, table 3 had some of the best play I have witnessed for a while. I felt the blind levels were a bit too long, but perhaps the removal of the 75-150 level would sort this? Other than that I think it ran well, hats off to the black shirts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I agree with JP, thought everything went well. T3 was a very tough table, who got through from that table in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

yeah twas a bitch...

great play tho all round, worthy of a final table.....think we discussed doing a deal at one stage :)

i think the structure, shootout blinds etc was perfect. our table did drag on a bit but I personally wouldn't change a thing. it made for great play and the nature of the shootout format will mean the tournie will drag on a bit waiting for the final table to be formed etc...

thanks for organising lads and well done!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think we'd cut the 75/150 level next time, thats my own personal view. My own table (table 1) was a hellova table as well and it was clear enough from the start who the final 4 were going to be and when it reached those four there was some great play going on.

The final table seemed fairer too in that if you did ok at your first table you werent really under pressure but if you had done poorly and creeped in, you had to get moving. In the end it was hard to tell how the final table would have played as it turned into carnage!

DeV.

Advertisement