Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees

• 20-09-2004 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

Has anyone recieved any confirmation or anything regarding fees from Trinity yet? I paid mine online on the 11th and they said they would send something or an email within 3-6 days. I haven't got anything from them yet. Should I be getting worried? I printed out the receipt from them so I have proof that I paid.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

I paid around the same time as you, maybe before, and I got something back a couple of days ago. It takes a while. Give it another few days and if you have nothing back then ring them. If you go to where you paid online and put in your details it tells you that its being processed. At least it should...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Yeah it said "Processing", I was getting a bit worried about losing my place over fees.

You should be fine then. You have the proof that you paid so you won't lose your place. you should get the email soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 drunkendubliner

Yeah, they're generally just very laid back bout confirming things all together! Don't worry bout it though, they'll smell your fear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

I paid on the 31 August, and I got my email confirmation on 15 September.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

I only got the package of stuff from trinity on the 10th, how did you manage to get it all so early?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

i paid mine in the bank, so should i get a letter, or is the bottom part of the bank giro considered proof?

I got the package from college ages ago, can't remember when, then paid it online.

epay.tcd.ie was where I went. Then it took about 2 weeks to get my "thank you" email back.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

i paid mine in the bank, so should i get a letter, or is the bottom part of the bank giro considered proof?
    i paid in the bank aswell- dont think i even got a confirmation letter last yr but it was in the system when i registered during freshers week. anyway this yr it paid in the bank aswell, and ive noticed €758, or whatever it was, gone from the bank a/c so it better be tcd! yeah that bottom part is proof- they say to bring it along on reg just in case its not on the records that you paid (they didnt even check mine when i registered but i guess its better to be on the safe side!)

ok so will do, thanks canvas!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Dest

ack i havent payed any fees yet. did you all get info about how to pay and stuff? all i got was a bright orange page with "please be advised that details of your Student Fees Information will follow shortly" in that blue tcd folder and i havent seen anything since...

Dest wrote:
    ack i havent payed any fees yet. did you all get info about how to pay and stuff? all i got was a bright orange page with "please be advised that details of your Student Fees Information will follow shortly" in that blue tcd folder and i havent seen anything since...

I have the info about fees. I think you should have it. Go to epay.tcd.ie to find out what fees you have to pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Dest

hmm, according to epay my fees are E16,000 which is just a tad wrong and were meant to be payed on the 16th :( think ill be ringing that number...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Ah damnit!!!! I forgot to pay by the 16th, looks like I'll have to feckin pay an extra fee now, damnit. I haven't sent any forms into Trinity yet, should I have??

*starts to feel very worried*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i havent paid yet, but i paid a week or so late last year and there was nothing said just as long as you have them paid a few working days( a week should be grand) before you register.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I'm going to ring them first thing tomorrow. And if they are hesitant I'll put on my best "poor little boy" voice. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

i paid in the bank aswell- dont think i even got a confirmation letter last yr but it was in the system when i registered during freshers week. anyway this yr it paid in the bank aswell, and ive noticed €758, or whatever it was, gone from the bank a/c so it better be tcd! yeah that bottom part is proof- they say to bring it along on reg just in case its not on the records that you paid (they didnt even check mine when i registered but i guess its better to be on the safe side!)

Yeah all 4 years I've done the same and there's no confirmation other than the bottom part. They'll only ask you for it if at registration there's no record of you paying on the computer in which case having the bottom proves you did so you won't have to pay again or anything.

eek better not lose it so? ok panicking now cos ive absolutely no idea where it is....!?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

dont worry too much bout it chick, im sure you prob wont need it anyway

Im pretty sure I forgot it at registration last year. I forgot something anyway. They had all my details on a computer so it was fine.

• Advertisement

Really? Oh ok so thanks a mil. Cos I did look for it, but no joy :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

Yeah they are pretty laid back. And we dont register till end of Oct anyway, so plenty of time to get it sorted. Though in first year they let me pay my fees on the same day as registering and no-one cared.

That and the Trinity appeals thing always favours the student so once ya have ur proof!

ive to register on thurs the 7th, but yet im in on mon 4th, is that normal to have meetings and stuff b4 u even register?

It is normal. I have to register on friday but ive meetings before that.

Oh cool ok, god these must sound like really stupid questions lol, but how are ya supposed to know!

Lol its ok, none of us knew when we started. You'll find it all out soon enough.

Yeah true... but im the only one around here asking which are, probably obvious, questions lol... anyways panic over.. found the bank giro :D

Advertisement