Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Kerry... Is there a conspiracy?

• 20-09-2004 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

OK, this isn't really suitable for the politics forum.

John Kerry so far is terrible. He looks like a twat, talks like a twat, and seems to be doing his best to **** up his chances of getting into the Whitehouse.

They have a huge budget, they're very well organised political party, they have a lot of smarts, but... it's as if the democrats don't want to win.

George Bush is going to be re-elected.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

OK, this isn't really suitable for the politics forum.
    Yes, it is probably suitable for the politics forum. I've seen stuff up there which is 1,000,000 times less suitable. Expressing your disappointment in Kerry is legitimate.
    Though I'm sure by what you mean by conspiracy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Clearing the way for Hillary in 08 perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

might you mean that if a half decent candidate could be selected from any one of 250,000,000 americans then dubya wouldent have got in last time and wouldent get in this time, maybe the rich old boys like bush senior have an influence on who gets nominated for republicans and democrats

<edit> i take that back as ive nothing against nader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

Looks like a twat!? Talks like a twat!? WTF? That's why they chose him! Look at who got in last time!
    If they don't win this time they'll have to go with a lower primate next time round

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

In all fairness the only reason people are voting for Kerry is to get Bush out of office...niether of them are worthy of the role of President.
    My vote will go to ol' Ralph Nader just so as not to vote for the other two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

BEAT wrote:
    In all fairness the only reason people are voting for Kerry is to get Bush out of office...niether of them are worthy of the role of President.
    Sadly a lot of people who might have voted Democrat will do the same. Not so for possible Republican voters, so George has a nice advantage over Kerry.

I don't know what I'd do if I was American, but maybe voting for Kerry in order to remove Bush is the way to go, despite his shortcomings. As important as principles are, Nader is not going to get elected and Kerry is the lessor of 2 evils by a long way...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

They really need some sort of PR system of voting in America :(

Much as I hate George Bush, I have to admit that the Democrats are making a right balls of things. Surely they could pick better frontmen than Al Gore and John Kerry. Considering Al Gore lost out so narrowly to George Bush last time round, someone with a gram of charisma should easily have won it.

On the conspiracy front, a lot of people believe that Democrats and Republicans aren't the completely seperate entities they're seen to be - that they do have a kind of cartel system.

BEAT wrote:
    You do realise that, helps a Win for Bush :/
    Tactical voting I urge jooooo
    No matter how bad you think Kerry is, a vote for him is a vote that might get someone other than Bush elected whereas a vote for Nader is a vote that goes nowhere except into statistics and as it's a vote less for Kerry, it's a vote more for Bush.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

so.. democracy works then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Perhaps all the interesting democrats in the country are immigrants and democrats know this, but to change the constitution means hoisting an Austrian flag over the white house in 2008? He's bound to thrive in a country where the opposition party bastardises Hollywood logic to select their own candidate. Cue trailer-voice: 'the only way they could beat the buffoon was to send a buffoon of their own up against him'.

• Advertisement

Earthman wrote:
    You do realise that, helps a Win for Bush :/
    Tactical voting I urge jooooo
    No matter how bad you think Kerry is, a vote for him is a vote that might get someone other than Bush elected whereas a vote for Nader is a vote that goes nowhere except into statistics and as it's a vote less for Kerry, it's a vote more for Bush.

As much as I hate Bush I cant make myself like Kerry. I think that he may be just as bad when he get in. I think he is a republican in disguise and has more plans of an ongoing war in mind. I dont trust him and if he gets in office and proves my theory right I dont want to say I voted for him.
    I will however think about it. I havnt decided on Nader or Kerry yet.
    I am going to start a thread in politics about it later ;) which is where this thread should be tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

This is so playing out like that Simpsons episode when the two presidential candidates turn out to be aliens planning to take over the Earth (only without the aliens) :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Mordeth wrote:

Well the illusion is nice.

Stark wrote:
    This is so playing out like that Simpsons episode when the two presidential candidates turn out to be aliens planning to take over the Earth (only without the aliens) :(

or the ratm video for testify :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

BEAT wrote:
    As much as I hate Bush I cant make myself like Kerry. I think that he may be just as bad when he get in.

I Guess you don't agree with the whole "A change is as good a rest" thing.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i perosnally think, as mentioned before that the demacrates want kerry to loes, so to give hillary clinton a clear run next elextion in 2008....

If hillary runs she would be a shoe in...I'd vote for her and campaigne for her.
    ]
    That would be great!

I guess having kerry around for 4 years wont be so bad if I can vote for Hillary in 2008 ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

BEAT wrote:
    I guess having kerry around for 4 years wont be so bad if I can vote for Hillary in 2008 ;)
    You mean not having Kerry around right? If Kerry gets in this year, then Hilary can't run in 2008. She can only run if he loses and Bush gets four more years *shudder*.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Mordeth wrote:
    STOP the US of A is not a democracy. I wish people would realise this and stop making the mistake of calling it a democracy. Real democracies are allowed more then two political parties and all people can vote for every change of law i.e. the goverment is made up of 100% of the electorate. The Swiss are close to this. The US is a republic if you want to call it a democracy you can call it a representative democracy - but with only two political parties that would not be 100% correct in my eyes. Oligarchy is the word you seek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

BEAT wrote:
    If hillary runs she would be a shoe in...I'd vote for her and campaigne for her.
    ]
    That would be great!

Hillary Clinton reminds me of the Nazis.

I don't really know why.

ixoy wrote:
    You mean not having Kerry around right? If Kerry gets in this year, then Hilary can't run in 2008. She can only run if he loses and Bush gets four more years *shudder*.

I never thought about that actually. Now I am even more confused :confused:
    I dont want Bush to win but I want Hilary to be able to run for office...Damn it all!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

BEAT wrote:
    I will however think about it. I havnt decided on Nader or Kerry yet.
    Make your vote count. If you don't want 4 more years of Bush, vote Kerry. Like last time, Nader hasn't a hope. As it seems is usual with the American presidential election, you have the choice to vote for the lesser of two evils. That's Kerry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Hillary Clinton reminds me of the Nazis.

I don't really know why.

Good hair and knee-high leather boots.
    Only sexier (the nazis, I mean)

Advertisement