Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tuition fees?am i gettin screwed

Options
  • 20-09-2004 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭

im presently starting a diploma course (3rd year) after completing a cert course and a diploma course in 2other diciplines,each time passing with distinction first time.i recieved a full maintenence grant for each of these years.however after starting college last week i was informed that because i already recieved funding for a diploma course i needed to pay tuition fees of 1167 euro + 750 euro.
    basically i was under the understanding that the tuition fees did not need to be paid unless i was actually repeatiung a course.so basically im screwed,have i any way out?i could handle not recieving the grant,but forking out nearly 1200 snots is a bit crippling

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Thats normal under our system. You only get one chance at each year of a degree or cert/diploma, regardless of the discipline. If you were to do a degree however, you would receive both fees and grant(assuming eligibility) for the duration providing you do not have to repeat a year, or have not previously completed(or partially completed) a degree.

Advertisement