Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only people who have seen the sixth sense should read this`

Options
  • 22-11-1999 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

Um I think the assumption was meant to be that ghosts only appeared when they were needed or, had some message to communicate e.g. the girl with the videotape and so on.

I dont think he was meant to be a constant presence.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I think it's mentioned in the film that Ghosts do not realise they are dead and roam the earth as if nothing has changed, which is why they were coming to the kid. To fix the problem that forced them to repeat themselves over and over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

The whole premise of the film was ridiculous, I mean, ghosts? wink.gif

Anyway, if you pay attention to the story and what was said in the film it was made pretty clear that ghosts don't know they are dead and SEE WHAT THEY WANT TO SEE! That's why Bruce thought the door to the basement was always locked instead of just blocked by that table with all those books.

You gonna to finish that?
    *munch*munch*

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

If you think about it, this film is utterly ridiculous.....
    Are we supposed to believe that Bruce Willis walked around for a year and never noticed that no one saw him...that everyone ignored him...I mean, if no one said anything to me for more than a day i'd get suspicious....
    good film....a tad ridiculous though......a smart guy like that doctor Willis, not noticeing he' s dead..........COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    tct

PS.. For anyone who had not seen the film and read this and is now pis.sed at me....it's your own fault, I warned you not to look at this!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

And I think TCT may have been building his statement as being completly preposterous from the beginning for comedic effect Chubby wink.gif

I'm very sorry to inform you that that last post had nothing to do with my original complaint. Also, if he only appeared when he was needed, how didn't he realise that huge chunks of the year were missing from his memory.....So we are supposed to believe he was stupid!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ridiculous film......none of your replies make any sense whatsoever....
    tct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

it's not that he didn't realise, it's just it was like (to him) that the parts of his year that were missing actually happened, as was said "he only saw what he wanted to see" and so his memories were affected aswell smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 RFK

It's a film, designed to entertain you. Plot inconsistencies, just get over it. I mean Superman, how can he shoot lasers from his eyes!?!?! or fly, I mean that just defies the laws of physics!?!??

I dont understand it, I must destroy it!!

But but, TCT, how can Bruce's character have memory or be stupid when he didn't have a brain to think with or to hold memory wink.gif He was a ghost. If you must attack anything about the film then target the existence of ghosts heeh.

*munch*munch*

"he only saw what he wanted to see" did not include oly remembering what he wanted to remember!
    ****ING RIDICULOUS!!!!!
    tct

As for that Fight Club movie, I mean how arew we meant to believe Tyler is yer mans alter-ego. Edward norton and Bradd Pitt look nothing alike!

We are superfriends
    Super friends are we

• Advertisement

yeah, but don't forget the Matrix, so many plot holes. Cypher talking to Agent Smith in the matrix when you clearly need someone else there to hook you up. The next scene Morpheous tells them to surface to transmit depth so they can enter the matrix so how did Cypher get in in the first place even if he can do it himself wink.gif There're a lot more and don't even get me started on Star Wars.

****ING RIDICULOUS!!!!!
    smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

*munch*munch*

[This message has been edited by Chubby (edited 25-11-99).]

maybe he didnt require a brain or a body to exist maybe he was just a residual emination recorded into our reality somehow
    and when a film is supposed to be "thought-provoking" that doesnt mean that you attack the film, you just appreciate it for what it is and discuss it's ideas and views.
    i havent even seen this film btw i just heard someone talk about the ending and the rest i just pieced together from ads wink.gif

YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN HERE!!!!!!!!! I SPECIFICALLY SAID "ONLY PEOPLE WHO HAVE SEEN THE FILM SHOULD READ THIS". YOU JUST COULDN'TKEEP YOUR BIG NOSE OUT OF IT COULD YOU!!!!!!!!

I dont think you guys realise that the Celtic Tiger is at this point just testing how far he can push, how little you can criticise others over.

I need a photo oppurtunity
    I want a shot at redemption
    Don't wanna end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well, i enjoyed the film

cant wait for stigmata

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

All reviews emanating from the US thus far about Stigmata have said its utter muck.

I haven't seen it, but those that have had mixed opinions, overall it's not supposed to be that great.

End of days is getting a slagging too. smile.gif Should be seeing Sleepy Hollow finally sometime soon, looks good.

dogma is coming out to though wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Saw a prescreen cut of Dogma, it ROCKS.

Funny thing is, I don't think it's anti-Catholic at all. It's actually quite pro-religious, but it just presents religion in a more modern sensible light.

I love the way they constantly poke fun at the "we're just good friends honest" relationship between Matt Damon and Ben Affleck... And the character of God is rather a shock smile.gif

End of Days is getting a lot of comparisons to Terminator 2, and apparently while it isn't up to the standard of T2, it isn't half bad when considered in the same genre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Mr. Socko

I think that WWF is the best thing ever to be created!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

...ya well i havnt even seen the film and its all spoilt on me but who gives a fu(K smile.gif

Funny you should mention WWF.

Apprantly Star Trek Voyager will have guest appearances of WWF fighters to help improve the ratings. smile.gif

They had the bald guy from Seinfield the other night on it, and actually a good episode. I can see him coming back into it too.

yeah we really need to be infected by the WWF and Star Trek wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

Sixth Sense.......
    Hmmmm
    What can I say...(that is that wouldn't involve me being banned for profanity)
    emmm
    eemmm
    Let me get to yis on that one

Advertisement