Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Scoring System Last Year

• 20-09-2004 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭

Since I'm both a sad and bored man with too much spare time on my hands, I did a little excel sheet up of how the IV league would have finished last year had we used the scoring system we will be using this year.

I have ranked people in their colleges, by sex, overall (everyone thrown in together) and a slightly wierd college score for the year at the end. But please note that I got lazy and just took the overall score for the year of the best five in each college, not the best 5 IV by IV so that should be a bit distorted.

I would also like to appologise for being such a Microsoft bitch and posting it as an excel document.

Some of the results were interesting however. Not least the fact that by the new system Sinéad would have won overall and in the womens. Anyway, it bumped me up a few spots so I can't complain about it. :D

Opinions?

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Um, no attachment, trig? And I don't see anything in the attachment queue, so it's not even my fault ;)

If you want to be more socially inclusive, you could always export it as CSV, or print it to a .pdf, or something. I don't really mind, as (a) OpenOffice.org opens Excel sheets, and (b) it's not my kinda archery :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Aryzel

i did up the previous years team results when i was suggesting them first, if i remember correctly, if the new system had been applied last year the only changes on the team side would have been. GMIT ahead of UCD by about 20 points, and NUIG ahead of Maynooth.

On the individual side, Ciaran would have won the gents anyways, and like trig said Sinead would have won the ladies. I don't remember the rest of the individual results, i think they didn't change too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

How about we have a poll and see what people think? There seems to be a positive attitude towards the new score-based system, Im for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭trig

Yeah, sorry about that. Boards wont let me attach an excel file to a message or indeed a html page for that matter so I converted it to a pdf file which I assume you can all open. It should be attached to this post.
    Better late then never!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭MicS

Good work, Trig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭baggins

Good god trig, you did get bored. have to hand it to you, nice work at the same time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Aryzel

nice, you've far too much time on your hands. But the team scores you did...well don't really mean anything. I did up the team results for using the new scoring system. can be seen at www.irreal.net/inter0304.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭trig

Looks like I'm not the only one with two much free time! Just shows what a difference the scoring made to teams like UCD and GMIT. Nice work.

Advertisement