Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Me Decide Who To Vote For Boards People!

Options
  • 20-09-2004 6:23pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭

Well, Here is how this will work.

I am not voting for Bush. I am however trying to decide to vote for Kerry or Nader.
    The only reason I would vote for Nader is because I do not entirely trust kerry and dont neccessarily believe anything will change from Bush's rein of terror to his own if he is elected. He seems like a republican in disguise to me and I feel like he is itching to get in there and rev up the war (since he supported going into and spending all money to maintain the war in his current political position)
    and to raise the living hell out of taxes. ( as he has voted to do in his current position )

I would vote for Nader because it is a vote out there against Bush and all the more the better. A vote out there for someone else changes the statistics/percentage on votes for Bush as far as I know.

So if anyone can offer reasons of who to vote for and why I will take them into consdieration. Consider it a vote from the people of Boards ;)

Majority wins ...since there is no poll option available it will have to be done by posts .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Since last time out a vote for Nadar was a vote lost by Gore and thus ended up being a vote for Bush. Therefore you should vote for Kerry this time (that is if you have a vote in the US elections).

And don't worry yourself about voting Democrat or Republican for they're both the same really. The only difference being that Republicans kill more people.

QED.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

well, if its a vote for Bush then I wouldnt vote for Nader.

Its a pity that Kerry is my only option to get Bush out of office though.

I dont think he is going to changes things at all. :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

He wont change a lot, but he's less of a nutjob, and less likely to start another 3 or 4 wars in the coming years.

He's also more likely to get better gun control, and enviromental laws. Not the best, but better than Bush

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'd usually say vote for who you think is the best candidate of the two, but in this case I've got to say Kerry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

Which state are you in? If you're in a solid Democrat or Republican state like Texas or Massachusets, then you might as well vote for Nader, it's not going to make any difference either way. If you're in a swing state, vote for Kerry please :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

just join a group of people doing good in you community and thats doing your bit fo society far better then voting for any of those guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

ACH!!!!! NADER DIDN'T LOOSE THE ELECTION FOR GORE.
    Firstly Bush didn't win...he was appointed.
    Secondly Nader didn't tell Gore to run such a stupid platform and he didn't help the media tell lies about him leading up to the election.
    Nader didn't tell everyone to "support the system" after the sham election like Gore.
    Get educated on the candidates positions (and that doesn't mean just listening to broadcast news and reading newspapers).
    Then vote for the candidate that truly represents you.
    There is this illogical argument out there that alot of people have bought into that voting for Nader might loose Kerry the election.
    As if somehow Kerry should win by default.
    ABB is the most ridiculous strategy ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭gom

Seen as you have no transferible voting system I'd say vote for Kerry even though he is a neo-liberial war monger

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Nader all the way. It's ridiculous that there's no real choice and the status quo will remain until people start voting against them. Even if he only gets 1%, it's a start and maybe he or a similarly non-big two candidate can get 2 or 5% the next time. Even if it takes 100 years, the duopoly has got to be broken.

(and besides, if Kerry wins and tunrs out to be as bad as Bush, you can say "I didn't vote for him" :) )

Advertisement