Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Promoting discussion & feedback - NOT a book

Options
  • 20-09-2004 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Pork,

You were right - Looks like the moderators think I'm a salesman - something I feel is always best left to professionals. I'm contracted for a second and possible third publication and thought the forum would not just be good for me (feedback from people who read) but useful for those who read, write and have aspirations toward publishing - two way stream and all that! Anyway thanks for your reply,

All the best,
    Jack.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

I've ordered your book from Amazon, should have it this week (that's one sale anyway :) ). I'll be happy to post what I think of it when I've read it.

But you are right it is a delicate situation as this is a discussion forum not an ecommerce site. People here discuss and recommend books they have read. I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with you posting here you just have to be careful how you present yourself. Your previous post here was a "please buy this book" message which is obviously not on. Maybe the approach to take is "has anyone read my book and if so what do they think of it". I can't see how that approach can irk the mods. I think it would be interesting to have more authors contributing to this forum anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Jack Feeney

Thanks Pork,

I look forward to your feedback and comments,

All the best,
    Jack. :D

Advertisement