Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best film ever

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

eh dune ?????
    good novel but....
    ...sting...
    movie?
    no
    harVey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Well if I had to chose one....

* The Matrix
    * Pulp Fiction
    * The Rock
    * Face Off
    * True Romance
    * Menace to Society
    * Weekend at Bernies
    * Trainspotting
    * Point Break
    * RedRock West
    * Blue Velvet
    * The Shining
    * Flashback
    * Forest Gump
    * Dumb & Dumber
    * Clueless
    * Babe
    * Die Hard
    * Scream

...And any others I've missed...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

dune
    hahahahahaha

the book was ****e as well

poor ol david lynch

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Now I enjoyed Dune the first time I seen it but since then I've fallen asleep everything I've tried to watch it since...it's sooooo slow......

Draco

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

oh dear I'm getting grief here sad.gif

He did say "So how about it lads, whats your favorite film".

So thats it smile.gif

AL.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Lemmy

It has to be Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

A classic, especially when wrecked smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

no offence santa but...
    the rock, and dumb and dumber maybe if you' dnever seen a moving picture before, but clueless is just an insult to intelligent things everywhere

harVey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

eh, Dead Santa, whilst there /is/ many a good film on your list, including Face/Off natch smile.gif, i feel the inclusion of Weekend at Bernie's and Forrest Gump must surely be an attempt at taking the ****.

WAB was just $hite, not much more to be said there, but Forest Gump!?!?!?! FOREST FU<KING GUMP?!?!?!?!?! i can honestly say that that is the most objectionable movie I have ever sat through in my life. Oh yeah the All-American hero who goes off to fight in the Vietnam War has a great life while the communist hippie scum who stays at home and protests against the war dies of AIDS. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, wholesome message.

A more offensive load of capitalist, Amerocentric b0llocks I will never see as long as I live (I hope).

ROFL! smile.gif
    Can't please all of the people all of the time...
    'Weekend at Bernies' is a film that a lot of people just don't "get".
    As for Clueless, I think it a great film to watch if you think all Americans are dopey ********s. smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I liked Clueless but it wouldnt exactly rate with the all-time greats. Classic line: 'if anything happens to her, I have a 45 and a shovel - you won't be missed' smile.gif

I didnt like Forest Gump btw smile.gif I just feel like smashing something whenever I'm reminded of the two hours of my life I wasted watching that tripe. Best Picture Oscar in the same year Pulp Fiction comes out?!?!? eh, right. The Americans wouldnt know a decent film from a hole in the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

Yeah!! Americans are just scum! God I hate Americans, don't gt me started on the dopey Americans. All 235 million of them- nothing but dopey liberal ass fascist homosexual commies! In fact the real problem with OUR GREAT country is that Americans constantly come in and steal our wives and our homes and our shoes. I for one have had enough.
    Fuc.kin Ars.eholes

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

the way i see it is that "The wizard of Oz" is up there in the top three along with "te lion king and maybe "the naked gun".
    If you don't agree with this right now, don't fret......YOU WILL CONFORM!!!!!!!
    that is all
    tct

Ere lads,
    Don't get too upset about it!
    I was kinda' taking the **** with a few of them smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭rat

forest gump is one of the best ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Not the best now, but what did you think of American History X??

pure 100% uncut class

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

yesyes....top five films of all time are.......the lion king, the wizard of oz(Boy did judy garlnd look hot!!!), The naked gun(The first one...original and best!!), Monty Python and the Holy Grail and of course....not forgetting Indiana Jones and the last crusade. ("only the penetant man shall cross")
    now you will conform
    i am so great
    i am a god.
    That is all

tct
    Kneel before me
    only the

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

This is a tricky one...

The Life Of Brian has to be up there, simply because it's such a quotable film. Can I vote for all Monty Python movies at once please, given that they would have an aggregate budget of less than your average Spielberg?

Being an anime-head, I have to throw Perfect Blue (if you see this, whether you like anime or not, pick up a copy - the weirdest and best psycho-thriller of all time) and Princess Mononoke in there.

The Matrix has to be right up there as the epitome of cool.

But if I had to pick the best - very best - movie I've ever seen, I'd pitch for the Basketball Diaries, purely for the blood-runs-cold factor...

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

what about the new Romeo & Juliet v. stylish and still true to the original

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

twas ok.

the shoot out at the start with the montagues and capulets was top class tho.

Aye it was good, but hardly the best film ever now...

however , Claire Daines..... puurrrrrr.

El

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

hmmm... ok
    disregarding everything that was said about one only, i think
    1)Trainspotting
    2)The Matrix
    3)Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    4)Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    If you want only one, you'll have to mix them all up together and hope for the best smile.gif

'I am Arthur, King of the Britons, a drug addict, an archaeology lecturer, and the ONE who will save the human race.'
    'You're a loony!'

A

PS: I forgot about Schindlers List, stick that in their as well
    All the good films i havent seen are on the telly this Christmas, starting with Pulp Fiction on Saturday and Heat on Tuesday

[This message has been edited by Asuka (edited 14-12-1999).]

On the subject of Anime/Manga, AKIRA fuking kicked @SS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Candyass

Apocalypse Now! (With a special mention for Withnail and I, which is the funniest film ever made).

"These aren't accidents! They're throwing themselves gladly onto the road, to escape all this hideousness!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 HomerJ

Without a doubt it has to be Goodfellas.
    It had it all.
    Second The Godfather.

You about as hardcore as Big Bird, Bert and Ernie.

Akira truly is a clasic...

I must dig out my old copy and watch it sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Slapshot. Forgot about that.

Sorry gimps but the matrix was a pretty pile o'****e. Don't believe the hype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Mr. Socko

There are several films which spring to mind but it has to be Goodfellas. This film is a classic and anyone who hasn't seen it, GET A COPY OF IT NOW!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

If you liked akira try borrowing Macross Plus from Shinji... tongue.gif

A

Advertisement