Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Opera browser working on Meteor?

Options
  • 20-09-2004 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the settings required to get the Opera browser working on Meteor? The Wap browser on my phone works fine using the Meteor WAP GPRS settings as supplied by the configuration tool on meteor.ie . I've been told that I need a new Meteor GPRS connection set up in on the phone which doesn't go through a WAP gateway but some other sort of internet gateway ( or access point) ? I think I'd need it for running a pop3 email client on my phone as well?

Does anyone know if Meteor have one of these internet access points? O2 and Voda seem to have it based on the configuration sticky!

Cheers

J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

yeah you'd need their ISP/Internet access point (not WAP) for that re: GPRS Internet Access - last time I asked it was just for contract customers though and charged at €2.50 per 1/2 MB

best call their customer support on 1905 or try an email to:
    internetaccess at meteor.ie

BrianG

Try using isp.mymeteor.ie as the APN, this works for me. I don't know if there's any specific username and password combo but I just used "my" and "wap" as per WAP APN. If it doesn't work then you'll need to call Customer Care. I think they charge you €2.50 right away, but this can be used over multiple GPRS sessions.

Oh by the way, I'm on prepaid and can still use it. :)

Karsini wrote:
    I'm on prepaid and can still use it. :)

nice one Karsini :) - had been dropping them an email every so often to set ISP up on a prepay account here but they kept saying not yet but soon... so just called and have it up and running now on a prepay account - will update the operator settings sticky later when i have a chance, thanks

looks like the user/pass entered can be generic (like O2) - tried it with my/isp and blank/blank and the Series 60 device connected ok with both

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Celticwarrior

nice one Karsini :) - had been dropping them an email every so often to set ISP up on a prepay account here but they kept saying not yet but soon... so just called and have it up and running now on a prepay account - will update the operator settings sticky later when i have a chance, thanks

looks like the user/pass entered can be generic (like O2) - tried it with my/isp and blank/blank and the Series 60 device connected ok with both

BrianG

Any chance of putting them up soon?!!!

hi, you should just need to enter the APN and user/pass...

Access Point Name: isp.mymeteor.ie
    Username*: anything e.g. my
    Password*: anything e.g. isp

(* a blank may also work but some equipment needs something entered)

leave IP and DNS empty and they should get assigned on connection

if the connection is not working try later or call meteor support to check/confirm your account is set-up (provisioned) for the isp.mymeteor.ie access point

BrianG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Celticwarrior

hi, you should just need to enter the APN and user/pass...

Access Point Name: isp.mymeteor.ie
    Username*: anything e.g. my
    Password*: anything e.g. isp

(* a blank may also work but some equipment needs something entered)

leave IP and DNS empty and they should get assigned on connection

if the connection is not working try later or call meteor support to check/confirm your account is set-up (provisioned) for the isp.mymeteor.ie access point

BrianG
    Cheers, I tried it, but no luck, i'll email the internet access address you mentioned earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

Thanks for that! looks like I moved over to Meteor Prepaid just at the right time!

J

Advertisement