Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whos doing what/where?

Options
  • 20-09-2004 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭

Im in 3rd year of FT228 (comp sci degree) in Kevin St!
    Koopa/Dar/BlanK/astrofool of these boards are in my class

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

im doing comp science ( ft 228 ) just started today.
    in kevin street but getting tossed between there and angier st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Yeah I have a lot of labs in aungier st too - Its such a nicer college!

havent been there myself but heard good things.

first day today and i had no classes. apparently the network is up atm. (correct me if im wrong) so there is no lab work

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

I'm in Aungier St doing FT541/1 (Marketing)

Only had 3 out of 7 lectures today.

Thats more than we had! 0 / 3
    Shazboot no one can use the network because the accounts arent set up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

In FT228/4 myself.

Cool - wes do you know john collins in your class?

Repli wrote:
    Thats more than we had! 0 / 3
    Shazboot no one can use the network because the accounts arent set up

ah thanks, and there was me standing like a tool outside the labs for 30 mins with the others in my class. i hate being a fresher. its like 1st year in secondary school all over again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

We don't like you smelly Kevin St types in Aungier St. :p

Dt315/2 myself. Don't start back til Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

228 / 2nd Year........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Thanks be to Jebus that FT225 is no longer in existance.
    T'was "the hardest course on earth"(tm)*

tribble

*though I'm bias'ed 'cos I wasted 3 years of my life failing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

I'm currently floating in limbo between f228/2 & 228/3, still waiting on exam board decision.

Ps: I hate you posh Angier St. heads - lording it up over us 'norms' with your clean toilets and decent canteen facilities. You make me sick :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

im in first yr doing computer science...had a lovely day today cos i tore myself outta bed for NOTHING!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Ft228-2 here. We went straight back to work with a 2 hour lecture. No labs or Tutorials till next week thank ****, but our timetable is pretty bad, barely any gaps, I'll be wasting most of my time in college :(

ahh you first years have it easy. it only gets harder from there :P

Repli wrote:
    Cool - wes do you know john collins in your class?

Yeah i know him. Not very well mind, but i do know the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

FT001 - Product Design - 2nd Year - Based in Bolton St., Aungier St. or Mountjoy Square depending on the day of the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭irish life

Orla - I'm in your class but I don't know you, since there's only 5 girls (all blond AFAIR) I'm sure I've seen you. :D Anyway, did you stay around for the lecture at 3.00 with Richard Lawlor? What did I miss?

We're in at 10 tomorrow for an algorithm lecture and then home (not officially home but I'd say so since we have no-one assigned to Maths and Communications yet and the labs aren't ready).

Repli, I saw you saying in another thread that you have no tutorials this week, is it the same for everyone?

I was so bored today I spent about a tenner on pool.

Can Art Sloan ever get a sentence out? He seems so nervous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

im the good lookin girl lol only messin! no i didnt stick around because i had other things to do since ive me debs tomorrow and there was no guarantee that any1 was gonna show up.

i was there today u didnt miss much. just outlining his course.

we havent got probleming solving and algorithmic design tommorrow. dont know why , he just said we dont. so thats a free day i guess. i only 2 of the girls in the class. u must be one of the others then.

yea art sloan is extremely nervous. think he would be used to this sort of thing since hes a teacher

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eefs

Another one of those "posh Aungier St" types :p. FT353/3 - starting back tomorrow.

Oh Joy :|

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭irish life

All Art's notes from today are online:
    http://www.comp.dit.ie/asloan/CompTech.html

So, are you going in tomorrow Shazbot, Orla??

i think they are last years notes, not 100%. Didn't he say something about them in class today ?

nah im not going in tomorrow. prob solving and algorthms aint on , either is communications. almost certain maths aint happening and the rest are labs. so thats no classes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Im in 3rd year of FT228 (comp sci degree) in Kevin St!
    I'm an advanced entry student from Dundalk IT. Don't know anyone here. Is there a comsoc or netsoc or gamesoc?
    I'm from Galway... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

There's a netsoc. Dunno about games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

You're all in computer science it seems! Hmm. I'm in 4th year Journalism. Nice to see a DIT board at last. Hope people use it!

How do people feel about the sudden semesterisation?? I'm chuffed coz we all the perks of the semesterised system with none of the January exams! We just get the whole month off as far as I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eefs

roxy wrote:
    You're all in computer science it seems! Hmm. I'm in 4th year Journalism. Nice to see a DIT board at last. Hope people use it!

How do people feel about the sudden semesterisation?? I'm chuffed coz we all the perks of the semesterised system with none of the January exams! We just get the whole month off as far as I know!

Hehe, third year journalist here. See ya in the newsroom. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭DjDangerousDave

Hi all,

Im in FT228-2 also. Who are you JooDee? Do you know Alan, Nelson or Bertie or any of that group?

As for the first years, JOIN THE DJ SOC - DJ Soc Web Page - Thats a list of what we did last year.

But really you should all get involved in societys, there really is something for everyone, and i have heard that the paintball soc is going to be really good this year so id say its a good one to get into also.

Sorry if this was a little off topic but its prob the first place the first years will see and post and its nice to get some info from 2nd years and so on.

Have a good time and do try to attend the classes.

Ps. If anyone wants the Maths Modeling answers just pm me...they are the same every year.

DAVE.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

There's a netsoc. Dunno about games.

Is netsoc still going? Havnt heard anything since they killed the server.

Dar wrote:
    Is netsoc still going? Havnt heard anything since they killed the server.

Its dead. There might be a replacement run by the school of computing (well as rumour would have it).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

djdangerous dave u at homelands. I went there last year, met nelson, pretty cool guy!

Advertisement