Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canada for a year

• 20-09-2004 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭

Myself and Webmonkey aries after the lee going to Canada for a year basically to take a year off from the studaving and for a change. I'm looking for ppl with experience who have done this before and general advice on the move. We'll be working over there so is it hard to get work? whats the rent like for accomodation? Do we need to qualify for anything or is there requirements to move to Canada for a year for working and staying there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭cerebus

You will have to get a one-year work/travel visa. I think USIT can probably help you out - here's something I found with a quick google.

Accomodation and jobs depend on where you end up - Canada is a big place. Don't forget to factor the weather into your plans as it gets pretty cold in cities like Toronto and Montreal during the winter.

Begin Included

IRELAND
    PROGRAM A Student Working Holiday Program
    Requirements
    - be citizens of and resident in Ireland
    - be aged between 18 and 35 (inclusive)
    - be full-time students at an Irish university.

Full details at: http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/worker/e_stuwor.htm

PROGRAM B General Working Holiday Program
    Requirements are similar to Program A EXCEPT you don’t need to be a student

You must apply through USIT:

USIT
    Aston Quay
    O’Connell Bridge
    Dublin 2
    Republic of Ireland

www.usit.ie

Other Requirements
    --one time only