Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fulham faces charges - Down with FA!

• 20-09-2004 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

"The Football Association has brought disciplinary charges against Fulham, striker Andy Cole and manager Chris Coleman and West Brom's Neil Clement.

Referee Mike Dean had reported Fulham's players for harassment.

Fulham were charged for not ensuring their players conducted themselves properly in Saturday's 1-1 draw.

Cole and Clement face violent conduct charges, while Coleman is in trouble for his comments about referee Mark Halsey after the recent Arsenal game.

Fulham face a fine of up to £250,000 for allegedly failing to ensure their players conducted themselves properly.

Cole could end up with a six-match ban as a result of his sending-off for fighting and subsequent remarks to Dean.

Cole will have an automatic three-match ban for the dismissal and faces an additional charge of violent conduct - due to the seriousness of the offence - plus further punishment for abusing a match official.

Fulham have also been accused of failing to ensure that Papa Bouba Diop vacated the field of play and technical area following his sending-off for violent conduct after the Senegal international watched the rest of the match from behind the dug-out.

West Brom's Clement has also been charged with violent conduct for the incident involving Cole, which blew up following his sending-off for denying a goal-scoring opportunity, and faces a ban of four matches.

Both Fulham and Cole have 14 days to respond and their cases will be heard on Wednesday 6 October.

Clement's case will be dealt with under the new fast-track system as an incident outside the referee's jurisdiction but reported to the FA and he has two days to respond.

It is not the first time Fulham have been involved in mass brawl since returning to the Premiership." - BBC

This is a joke, We get fined 250k and Cole may have a 6 match ban, Clement was involved in the violence as well so surely West Brom should have been charged as a team as well, should they not? The FA are so inconsistent! :mad:

And Chris Coleman gets charged for having the balls to stand up to the FA and critisize the referees and infact the word he used to describe the referee was so mild, I think he called him 'crap'. The referees in the last two weeks have cost us dearly, as much as 5 points! :mad:

The FA is a joke, if this big team favouritism is going to continue and this if FA are going to keep picking on us, I'd rather not waste more of my valuable time watching another English match. DOWN WITH FA! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Fulham should try and get their vice charman appointed to the FA. That way the would only recieve a token punishment on their own terms. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Look, I'm serious, when was the last time big teams like Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea got unfair punishments like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Demeant0r wrote:

The FA is a joke, if this big team favouritism is going to continue and this if FA are going to keep picking on us, I'd rather not waste more of my valuable time watching another English match. DOWN WITH FA! :mad:

:confused:

Aren't West Brom a smaller club than Fulham?

I meant big teams like Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea etc...

And I was referring to the Halsey Fulham Arsenal match with the big team favouritsm comment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Demeant0r wrote:
    Look, I'm serious, when was the last time big teams like Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea got unfair punishments like this?
    There were a good few players charged for the handbags at ManU v Arsenal, the exact same thing occured at Blackburn v Soton (this time there were a couple of punches swung and Cole was involved) and nothing was done about it.

• Advertisement

Demeant0r wrote:
    I meant big teams like Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea etc...

And I was referring to the Halsey Fulham Arsenal match with the big team favouritsm comment

Yeah, I'd a feeling you'd say that. I was thinking of your earlier comment:
    This is a joke, We get fined 250k and Cole may have a 6 match ban, Clement was involved in the violence as well so surely West Brom should have been charged as a team as well, should they not? The FA are so inconsistent!

I have to say, from what I saw on Saturday night it was inevitable that Fulham were gonna be in hot water. Coleman seems to have taken the Arsenal game to heart, and from the reaction of the players against West Brom, it seemed they were on instructions to act the bo**ox.

You'll always be on a hiding to nothing with an attitude like that.

That said, the FA have got to sort out the standard of refereeing in the English game. Its not helped by stupid rules like FIFA insisting that players who are sent off serve an immeadiate one match ban with no right to appeal. WTF is that about (other Septic Blatter's ego)?

Eirebhoy: Yes, but that was fair punishment, but this time Cole gets 3 extra match bans in violence Clement was also involved, so Clement should also get the same treatment surely?
    And I know nothing about or heard of the incidences in the Blackburn Soton match, so can't really comment on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Dont punch other teams players , dont punch them repeatedly.

i know that since i was a schoolboy, umm shouldnt professionals know that also.
    There wa s fight players get banned clubs get fined, all seems fair after the incident in question.

kdjac

I knew I remembered Coleman saying something about not thinking his players did anything wrong...

Thanks Football 365
    U-Turn Of The Week
    "I'm not going to fine my players over this…if they had made nasty challenges I would react" - Chris Coleman, Saturday.

"Both players will be fined by the club and I'll support that" – Chris Coleman, Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I find it amazing that Fulham are also getting in trouble because the players were shouting at the ref when he awarded a very dubious penalty. The week before the ref over turned a penalty decision because the Arsenal players were shouting at him. Please explain the consistency in this? The ref was more than crap in the Arsenal game, I agree that it wasn’t a penalty but Collins John’s goal should have counted it was a great header.

As the very clever Fulham commentator repeatedly pointed out in the online coverage you have to score to beat Arsenal I think we would have gotten a draw had John’s goal been given.

I think a player of Coles experience shouldn’t have reacted and he will probably serve at least five games for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

The Muppet wrote:
    Fulham should try and get their vice charman appointed to the FA. That way the would only recieve a token punishment on their own terms. ;)

Hey Arsenal admitted being guilty of misconduct or whatever it was for the hand-baggings at old Trafford while United protested and look what happened , Arsenal were severally punished United were not .

What does this prove: well either David Dein has no effect on disciplinary actions within the FA or clubs shouldn't admit to being guilty of anything , maybe even both .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Big Ears wrote:
    Hey Arsenal admitted being guilty of misconduct or whatever it was for the hand-baggings at old Trafford while United protested and look what happened , Arsenal were severally punished United were not .

What does this prove: well either David Dein has no effect on disciplinary actions within the FA or clubs shouldn't admit to being guilty of anything , maybe even both .
    United players did very little in that incident though.

eirebhoy wrote:

a Mr. C.Ronaldo did as much as some of the Arsenal players that got a ban .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

eirebhoy wrote:

Exactly.

That issue has been debated to death here so there is no point in going back over it in this thread. What about the punch up involving Ashley Cole in the tunnel when playing for England . How would you explain his lack of punisment for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

But the Arsenal United thing was litterally handbags at dawn, a player got in trouble for hitting a guy once, this was very different, it was a fight

PHB wrote:
    But the Arsenal United thing was litterally handbags at dawn, a player got in trouble for hitting a guy once, this was very different, it was a fight

Very true .

Advertisement