Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Few NCT Questions.

Options
  • 20-09-2004 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

Okay just tried to book my car in for the NCT test, its out the end of the month. Bit late this time doing it, only a week and a bit, but didn't think it was that bad, there are no places till the 4th, and only the 4th in my local test center according to the website. Nothing for weeks after that or the anytime before then, its maddness.

Anyway, is there any lee way on the time given to get the test done from the time its due on the registration?

And what penalties, fines, etc would you get if caught driving with out it, have tax ,insurance, so just NCT?

Thanks,
    Gid.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dont worry about the time, as long as you have an appointment you'll fine. Of course they back date the test to when it should have ben tested...no fines will be heading your way. I take it you mean the 4th of October? Sure, thats only a couple of weeks away!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

thanks,

ye its out out on the 27th of this month (next monday i think), have it booked in now for the 4th Oct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

As far as getting stopped by the gardai while not having an NCT i wouldnt worry about it. Been stopped about 6/7 times now with no NCT and it wasnt even mentioned in our little discussions ;)

Advertisement