Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some last IBB questions

• 20-09-2004 11:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭

right,

well where do I start, how about i'm getting breeze 1mb installed on friday 2:30pm. just wondering how are IBB like on keeping a appointment as i'm taking a day off for this and i will be sercerly pissed if they don't show up.

also one thing, when it's installed does weather affect the download/upload/pings?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Cr3m0 wrote:
    right,

well where do I start, how about i'm getting breeze 1mb installed on friday 2:30pm. just wondering how are IBB like on keeping a appointment as i'm taking a day off for this and i will be sercerly pissed if they don't show up.
    Ring them at 2.31pm and be polite but firm. Make it extremely clear that you've taken a day off work to wait for them, and if they haven't turned up by the end of the day, then a technician is going to be doing some overtime/weekend work to install your broadband.

And no, I've no idea how reliable they are....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Everyone has different experiences with the install. If the weather is bad they may cancel because of chance of slipping.

Weather has had no effect on the service for me, except for one time when the base station was struck by lightning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Kevok wrote:
    If the weather is bad they may cancel because of chance of slipping.

aye they explained that to me and i suppose it's fair enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Kevok wrote:
    Everyone has different experiences with the install. If the weather is bad they may cancel because of chance of slipping.
    May be a good idea then, if you see it raining that morning, to ring them to confirm cancellation, and head into work/college. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

Cr3m0 question for you. How long since you applied for the breeze product? What's the turn around like?

Cheers,
    MB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭MackQ

Cr3m0, I was wondering the same thing as MicraBoy. I applied for Breeze Home in Bray about 5 weeks ago. Was advised there would be 3-4 weeks waiting time. Called them last week again to make sure they haden't lost my details as I recall someone else mentioning and was told "I have just activated your application" (scary, huh?).
    I've read all the bad publicity about IBB and was hoping that things couldn't really be that bad but now I'm getting a bit worried! Worst thing is there is no alternative broadband option where I live!

MackQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i think i sent the forms away on the 7th of this month

one other question does IBB "magic box" need a power supply just thinking i may need to rethink my power strip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

The magic box does indeed need a power plug. It uses the standard kettle plug.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The magic box as you call it is a poe(power over ethernet box) so yes it needs power

Thanks Cr3m0.

I applied on the 15th but haven't heard squat yet. I'll call next week if I hear nothing. Have to wait for pay day before I start pushing it! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

I know the 2.4ghz stuff came with a small (slightly larger than matchbox size) power over ethernet thingy, but the 5.8ghz equip comes with a MUCh larger box. Are they really both POE boxes? If so, then why the huge size difference? (TBPH, i never really knew what the 5.8ghz box did, but it must be more than simply a POE box).

Just an update. Had my Breeze Lite installed this morning. No problems. Pretty much three weeks to the day since I applied. Haven't had a chance to play with it yet though. Roll on finishing time...

Advertisement