Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battlestar Galactica - The Series on Sky 1

• 20-09-2004 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

According to the Sky Customer Channel (999) the new Battlestar Galactica series begins its run on Sky 1 on October 18 at 8pm. Sky 1 is showing the mini-series over two nights the week before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Ooh Sky One is showing the miniseries before the series? Just watched it on DVD myself but it'll be nice to see it get a wider audience, it's a pretty good production.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yes the mini-series was great. It had a very fresh feel to it. I was certainly expecting it to be absolutely rubbish.

but
    The whole female Cylon living in Baltar's head is very similar to Scorpius being inside Crichton's head in Farscape. But that's a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Excellent, really enjoyed the mini-series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I've seen some rather detailed spoilers (hey, its how I enjoy my TV :p) and it looks like its going to be absolutely top-class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

The whole female Cylon living in Baltar's head is very similar to Scorpius being inside Crichton's head in Farscape. But that's a good thing.

Yeah, I know what you mean.
    The second she mentioned the 'Chip in the head' I nearly screamed Farscape ripoff! Is originality really that hard to come by?
    Still, I remember that I loved Battlestar Galactica as a kid, and I did enjoy the miniseries reguardless, it was slow getting started, but I say the show could be quite decent. I'm looking farward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

According to the Sky Customer Channel (999) the new Battlestar Galactica series begins its run on Sky 1 on October 18 at 8pm. Sky 1 is showing the mini-series over two nights the week before.

i was just looking at scifi.com and it wont be broadcast in america until jan 2005! so good work sky. (didnt they part finance it?)

dw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

And why did they show the mini-series on the Movie Channels and not on Sky onc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yes the mini-series was great. It had a very fresh feel to it. I was certainly expecting it to be absolutely rubbish.

but

I know :)
    I had to fight the urge to come on here and start screaming out "They ripped that from my favourite show, everyone watch Farscape instead!!" but I refrained. In fairness it is done differently, and after all practically every concept in sci-fi has been done already anyway. I mean how often do you see Scorpius/Harvey in a red dress trying to have sex with John? :D I can't wait to see more of the Baltar/female Cylon thing, but I thought she was better before she became a chip in his head. I really liked the way she showed guilt after she had gotten to interact with the humans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭David Stewart

but

I have a theory about that.
    How did Baltar manage to survive the nuclear blast that destroyed his home? How is it that there is no external evidence of a chip being implanted? I think Baltar IS a cylon.

Advertisement