Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrician cost

• 21-09-2004 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

I need to put a socket in my hot-press, and maybe some more in a few other places.

Just wondering anyone know how much something like this would cost?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I need to put a socket in my hot-press, and maybe some more in a few other places.
    It's largely down to how much time the electrician will be there, the layout of the premises and what repairs are needed.

Are you sure you are happy putting a socket next to a load of pipes?

I imagine you are starting at €150-200 for one, but only a small bit extra for each extra socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

It's for an electric descaler which has to be connected to your mains water pipe.
    We have to put the socket in the hot press because we can't take the plug off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

What you really need ther is a 13Amp switched fused spur, having a socket in a hotpress is a bad Idea, a spur will cost the same and the unit can be flexed off it. Its not a good idea to cable anything off your existing immersion supply but if there is low power rating on the descaller ( and they usually use very little) you can just get the sparks to connect a new spur to the existing supply and then you wont need floorboards lifted up etc but make sure its a spur because you dont want people to plpug in a large load into it. the spur can be fused to 2-5 amps if your worried about overloading the system ( but dont worry about it the consume very little)
    If your talking to a sparks, try not to get stung on a price per point, work out exactly where you want sockets, ave it written out. There is thing as bad as standing there while two people discuss if they need a socket for a lamp or something. Also have the place as free of furniture as possible is also very handy so as to create the impression that this is a lump of a job that can be done in one go on a saturday morning or something, you'll get the best price that way

Advertisement