Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College forums

Options
  • 21-09-2004 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭

Can these be left out of the front page? Most of the stuff on them would appear to be too irrelevant to the general population.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

tbh that could be said about quite a lot of forums....

why discrimanate against the college forums?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

tbh that could be said about quite a lot of forums....

why discrimanate against the college forums?

indeed. While I don't care about any of the colleges that got a forum, I also don't care about plenty of other ones too... maybe even less so.

The only change i'd suggest is to make a 3rd level and 2nd level section rather than mix the 2 together, but thats all astetic and generally irrelevent.

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

OK, perhaps a way for the front page to have an option to "ignore".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Victor wrote:
    OK, perhaps a way for the front page to have an option to "ignore".
    Subscribe to any and all forums you want to read and then use the subbed option on the front page.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I would have been of the opinion that, considering the populace of boards.ie (a lot of students form a part of the community), far from IRRELEVANT, the college boards are some of the most relevant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

the tippinst board could easily be taken off the 'main' top 20 posts lists (still available as a subbed option mind) as tbh, most of it is just mindless spam ;)

Advertisement