Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is the best MP3 file sharing program ?

• 21-09-2004 3:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Does anyone know what the best MP3 file sharing program is ? When I say best I mean the one which has the biggest selection of MP3.
    I have kazaa now but its noting like audiogalaxy or napster use to be a few years ago.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

afaik kazza....

but i'm certainly not endorseing any filesharing.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I'm sure it's against the boards rules to discuss this....for legal purposes or something....

Kazaa is full of malware so stay away from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭fletch

I still use WinMX and have no trouble finding music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

warezmonkey.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I htink the warez monkey card needs to be updated. The whole £200+ phone thing is a bit old hat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I htink the warez monkey card needs to be updated. The whole £200+ phone thing is a bit old hat.

And I find it offensive towards monkeys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

check out www.dcplusplus.com - by far the best filesharing service out there at the moment. way better that bittorrent for most things.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

When I want to share the music I make with my own sweat, blood and tears (and a computer), I use soulseek/nicotine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

imo winmx is fairly good never had any real problems with that!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Boggle

We use overnet (same as e-donkey) at home and it works fairly well.

You'd want to be careful when downloading files like this on the web though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Osku-82

WinMX, DC++ and all torrent systems are great. Ignore KaZaa, it just messes up your computer like F-Secure antivirus programs. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

In all my time using kazaa (k-lite version: the big brother one is full of spyware) I've had 2 viruses which norton caught straight away. I've had more viruses arrive through eMail than p2p.

Currently using warez p2p client: great UI but files can be limited although I've found it's pretty good for what I look for...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Zie BittenTorrentz YA! und alzo ze WineMeXs dat ist zer gut und wonderbra!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Soulseek is by far the best.... bittorrent is really good too but not the best selection.

Advertisement