Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telestunt.ie saved me €670!!!

Options
  • 21-09-2004 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭

Just got my eircom bill, I spent €110 using the telestunt 1890 943123 number to call the UK in the last two months. If I made the same calls by dialing the UK direct with eircom it would have cost me €780 (assuming all calls were made off-peak hours). What a difference!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i'm thinking about signing up myself. do you have any tips or advise for a first time telestunter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

vibe666 wrote:
    i'm thinking about signing up myself. do you have any tips or advise for a first time telestunter?
    There is no "sign up". Just dial 1890 943 123 and then dial your international number. You just pay local call rates for the 1890 number - there are no other charges for the call!

(Not all countries are available at the 1890 rate, but the ones people call most are).

How do I sign up for your services? To use Telestunt you don't need to register. You can just dial the access number that allows you to phone the international destination you want.

Are there any administration, subscription or other fees when using Telestunt?
    The price stated behind every Telestunt access number is all-inclusive. There are no further connection or subscription costs on top of the cost per minute as advertised on our website.

How are my calls billed?
    The charges for calls to our access numbers will simply appear on your normal phone bill from your telephone provider (usually Eircom or NTL).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

cool, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

whats in it for teleshunt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Bond-007 wrote:
    whats in it for teleshunt?
    Beats me. Their site says When you make a call using Telestunt, we receive a small margin of the call costs from your normal provider and therefore we do not have to send you a separate bill. and Don't forget: the more Telestunt users, the lower rates we can offer. So spread the word!

It just goes to show how much of a scan eircoms international rates are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

Well telestunt have put up their mobile rates. It used to be national rate 7 cent peak and 4 cent off-peak but they've went and put it up to 15 cent. So much for the more users the better price they can offer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Never tried these before.

I have that esat flat rate thing for local and national calls. Do you think I could get these calls for free to oversea's places aswell, seen as how they show up as local calls on your bill (the 1890 ones)?

Hmmmmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Gideon wrote:
    Do you think I could get these calls for free to oversea's places aswell,

If ESAT include 1890 in their Free Local definition then the cost to you is €0.00 . ESAT may choose to define free local as your local area code, 01 if in Dublin . 1890 will then cost you a whopping 1c or so per minute in the evening so contact ESAT and ask them what the story is . Ouch like :) 1c a minute to ring Japan or Australia .

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Gideon wrote:
    Never tried these before.

I have that esat flat rate thing for local and national calls. Do you think I could get these calls for free to oversea's places aswell, seen as how they show up as local calls on your bill (the 1890 ones)?

Hmmmmmm.

Nope, 1890 are not covered. Only 01, 021, etc are covered in this deal. I checked it out before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

seems pretty Good

• Advertisement
Advertisement