Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parallel Port Driver C++

Options
  • 21-09-2004 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

I am trying to program the parallel port on Windows 2000 using Visual C++. I am written a program to control the port and it compiles ok-no errors. However when I try to access the parallel port I get an error back from Windows :( . I beleive I need a driver (eg InpOut32.dll) to allow me to access this but I have no idea what to do once I download InpOut32.dll or any other appropriate driver. I don't even know if InpOut32.dll is appropriate for C++??

Can anyone tell me which driver I should use?

What do I do once I download this driver? Do I have to change my Visual C++ program.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

Its ok. Ive sorted it :D . I used the "Userport" driver and didn't have to change my program one bit.

One more thing. When I use a Dialog box in Visual C++ i can use he Sleep function but when I compile a normal C++ program I get an error. How do I get around this problem. :( ?

Thanks

Advertisement