Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neelo on TG4

• 21-09-2004 12:30pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me more about Neelo on TG4? (I think its called Neelo).

It just I saw his ad the other day, and it caught my eye because I noticed he was at a Tool concert (saw the huge screen with the "sawblade" circular thing on it.

whats the whole series based around?

flogen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

flogen wrote:
    Can anyone tell me more about Neelo on TG4? (I think its called Neelo).

It just I saw his ad the other day, and it caught my eye because I noticed he was at a Tool concert (saw the huge screen with the "sawblade" circular thing on it.

whats the whole series based around?

flogen

Nil Is Agam. Ach....

I think it is a travel series looking a Cults (Religous etc) around the world.

all I can get from their site is that it is on Thursdays and that Hector will be back in the spring.

It looks good defo tuning into see it on Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Typical that the best programmes are on the least-watched channel. It says more about us as an audience than about RTE and TV3 to be honest. I'll be watching the first one of this anyway, to see how it shapes up.

Yeah I thought it was good, however I thought that I gave a little too much of the KKKs side to things (Thank God they were talking Crazy).

I would have asked more questions and prob have been shot on site.

Great TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 hSquid

i didn't know that it was possible for a whole group of people to be that narrow minded and racist towards anyone who wasn't a white, protestant american. a good part of the show was when the PHd student said
    "as far as i know, in africa all they have is mud huts" (or something along those lines, i cant remember the actual quote)
    and neelo said
    "what about the great pyramids?"
    and the man said
    "i don't know where you're learning geography, but they're in egypt"

shows how much he knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

the presenter guy had a lot of interesting points, but they were all directed to the audience, with no kkk member in sight, which kinda defeats the purpose.
    he almost seemed passe during the interviews, rarely challenging their views(maybe he was scared for his life, or just not the best interviewer, methinks the 2nd one)
    will definately be checking out the rest of the series anyhow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I thought it was pretty f*ckin good, much better than what-the-hell-is-the-point-of-this-****-Hector, IMO!
    I also think Neelo did ok, given the fact that I would have run away screaming in fear at the first sign of a straight-arm salute, quite frankly...

The bit with the "PhD" (says it all bout American education system eh?) was just surreal, when did Egypt get booted out of Africa?! Bizarre.

Just shockingly ignorant, but compulsive viewing nonetheless...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 hSquid

i also would have asked more questions, but i suppose you have to be really careful around people like that, who are probably willing to shoot anyone who disaggrees with their views. i was very scared when they burned the cross, and when it showed the three men wearing in their special robes.
    the man said that there's a KKK in ireland? i wonder if it's true...
    this week it's about old people who travel around in their camper vans in america or something.

the man said that there's a KKK in ireland? i wonder if it's true...

I beleive they have one member .....

Micheal McDowell :D

Advertisement