Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gerrard out for two months

• 21-09-2004 12:35pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Liverpool have today had their worst fears confirmed with the news that skipper Steven Gerrard will be out of action for two months.
    The Reds midfielder had an X-Ray this morning on the foot injury he sustained during last night's defeat at Old Trafford and unfortunately the results have confirmed the initial diagnosis of the Liverpool medical team.

Gerrard has suffered a fracture of the fifth metatarsal in his left foot and will be out of action for eight weeks.

Gerrard will miss a number of crucial Premiership and Champions League games for the Reds and the World Cup qualifiers against Wales and Azerbaijan for England.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N146097040921-1116.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

árse! I fear for us over the next 2 months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its bad news not the end of the world! Alonso and Hamman will fill the gap.

Of course if either of them is kaput then we're in sh1te!

Mike.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

its gonna be terrible but biscan(i know) was excellent pre-season and maybe he can actually step up it would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

mayordenis wrote:
    its gonna be terrible but biscan(i know) was excellent pre-season and maybe he can actually step up it would be great.

I actually forgot all about Biscan in my depressed state today. I've been kinda curious to see hiim get a run out for a few games to see if his pre-season form amounts to anything (never thought I'd see the day when I wanted Biscan to play :p).

We might just scrape through this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Shred wrote:
    We might just scrape through this :(

Just scrape through, that's it exactly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Liverpool will really miss Gerrard. he's been their best player so far this season by a decent margin. Also, in the games (albeit limited) I saw him play in he and Alonso had started to link up together reasonably well.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

I'm not sure ye'll miss him as much as people think. Sometimes other players step up when a player drops out of the team. One big example is the extra influence Keano exerted on Utd when Ince was sold. Alonso came into his own after Gerrard went off the other night - I think he thrived on being the general once Steve was gone off. Another thing I've said about Gerrard many times over is that I've yet to see him grab a big game by the b*llox. I think he goes missing in those games - as was seen by his dismal performance against Utd in the half hour he was there. Alonso I think can vary the play a lot more than Gerrard - I feel he goes for the spectacular long passes too often - when they come off they're great, but it's more effective to use the ball intelligently, going for the long passes only occasionally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

Seen an interview on another site that he says he expects it to be eight weeks and less if he can help it! He's still going to attend as many games as he can to give the others encouragement. Hopefully he'll be a quick healer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

still its a big loss for liverpool Alonso and Biscan will have to be on top form!!!

Advertisement