Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A question about buying a bag for college

• 21-09-2004 12:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭

Stupid thread i know but i wanted recommendations for a bag/bag shop. I've got 30 euro to spend and i want one strap over the shoulder bag that will store various course materials etc

any recommendations of places/bag make ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Well remember that strap over the shoulder bags can get uncomfortable if you have to carry them for a long time as the weight of the bad is balanced unevenly.

Also, make sure the bag is big enough to fit an A4 pad/folder inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Hello Kitty

Argos has some nice ones, and you can always find them in any sports shop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

not trolling but omfg. U never bought a bag before? Or seen one in a shop? ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

outdoor wear shops (river deep/the great outdoors) usually have some nice ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

Get a rucksack!!!

You can sling them over one shoulder and look cool (ie not be tilted to one side with an unbalanced load)

You can put it on both shoulders for long distance trecks and not be in agony for days later. those one strap things should be banned.

You can run easily if needs be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭ronano

Mear wrote:
    not trolling but omfg. U never bought a bag before? Or seen one in a shop? ..

To be honest only in lifestyle sports or something of the same ilk, i know i'm sheltered. Anyhow i got one and thanks for the replies :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

ROFL. okay fair nuf.. so what model u end up choosing? And which retail outlet provided the service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yes, tell us, I can't wait!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭blobert

The Army shops down around Mary St and Capel St are the way to go for all thing bag related.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

blobert wrote:
    The Army shops down around Mary St and Capel St are the way to go for all thing bag related.
    If you're looking for a nice collegey rucksack, you could try Soweto on Liffey St. The army surplus stores/outdoor shops are good too, but the ones they stock tend to be a bit awkward as schoolbags.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Was in the market for one myself so this thread is actually of some use...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I use a flapdoozy/messenger bag kinda thing, they are tres handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭ronano

I got a mamb bag in great outdoors off grafton st. i was made love to over the table tho at the prie of 39.90 but it wasn't my money and yes im a ****ing worthless scum my only defense is that the clothes i usually wear copst 40 euro for the whole lot!

im cheap mostly, the bag shop in ilac centre had nike/addias black bags for i think 20 euro, tk max had nada and everywhere else didnt really have any that would hold an a4 size notepad

so ya

Advertisement