Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dave Matthews Band

Options
  • 21-09-2004 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi, I am a recently transplanted American and just wondering if anyone has heard of Dave Matthews Band and if there are any shops here where I can find their CDs. I have looked in several places with no luck. I know they are not very popular here but my husband insists he has heard them on the radio and also insists that there is a shop somewhere in Dublin (or in any part of Ireland) that sells their CDs. If you know of any, let me know. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭latimer

Good to see another DMB fan! HMV on grafton st definately has most albums in stock; I've bought Everyday and Busted Stuff there in the last year or 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 SamuraiWarrior

Thanks a lot! I will definitely check it out. Are you the only other DMB fan in Ireland? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Some DMB fans here in Waterford - they always have a few of their CD's in BPM Records.
    Heard "Space Between" on the radio here a couple of times ok.
    Hopefully Dave will come over this way sometime - I'd love to see them live!

I have seen them live once in my native Michigan. They were excellent. My cousin saw Dave with Tim Reynolds, all acoustic. He said it is a totally different atmosphere, very chill and laid back, as opposed to the DMB concerts where there are a lot of young crazy kids; they can get a little out of control.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Yeah I have a few DMB live CD's + Dave and Tim Reynolds at Luther College.
    Listener Supported sucked but Live at Red Rocks is amazing.
    But the Dave an Tim Reynolds one is brilliant stuff - just 2 guys on acoustic guitars!

• Advertisement

I also have Live at Luther College and I love it. It is absolutely brilliant. I definitely like the acoustic version of What Would You Say better than the original. Have to get to the shops soon and rebuild my collection. Do you know if they have anything new out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

christ there was me thinking i was the only one....lets see i have live at luther college...everyday.....before these crowded streets

i think they rock...will they ever do a tour this side of the pond?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭latimer

Unlikely that they'll tour here; i'd imagine they're happy just sticking to the American market, maybe doing London once every year or so. They're used to filling arenas in America and it just wouldn't happen over here... which is quite unfortunate for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭40crush41

well, there is hope that they'll make their way over there b/c (i think this is right) in 2001 they were going to tour in england, and some other countries over there, but then there was 9/11, and they had to cancell out of respect and all. but yes, they were planning to tour in europe, so its not like it didn't cross their minds.

anyway, think of what a great show that would be. they would have to play in a smaller arena -and i would be in shock if some crazy fans didn't follow the band over the ocean to see them play in a smaller place. heck, im not even as crazy as others and it sounds like a good idea to me.
    or maybe im crazy.. but ya'll know 'crazy is alright' ;)

well, crossing my fingers for my fellow daveheads ~Beth

btw, the dave and tim concert -incredible =) musically -just blown away and i have never laughed that hard in my life -its was like stand up with some music thrown into it. dave is a hillarious man.. check out some dave speak and see for urself. a good site for is weeklydavespeak.com -u can listen to some clips there as well.

that what would u say on luther -thats the funked up version right? god i love that =) thumbs up to red rocks as well, that recently? awesome stuff "sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy, sunshine almost always makes me high" and #36? heck yea =)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

cool, used to be a bug DMB band in college, I remember the first time I heard Two Step in the Outback/Nancy's in Limerick, hair raising stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

im a fan have alot of his stuff at home.why dont you just buy off the net. works out cheaper too

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

DMB are great. Another Irish fan here anticipating a tour! Although, I would prefer to see them in a big stadium in the US like in the "Tripping Billies" video on 94-01 videos DVD. Looks like a great place to be! What would you say on Under The Table and Dreaming is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

One of several DMB fans that I know of in Cork. Ive heard them played once or twice on the radio here but never on any mainstream shows. Theres a few places to get their CDs in Cork. Although its the usual 2 or 3 all the time. Better off getting them online............ its cheaper anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭40crush41

hey everyone, i just wanted to direct ur attention to the thread im starting in rock/metal for dmb videos -and im sure some audio will get in there too. thought u should know about it b/c u are the dmb fans i had in mind =)

check it out, i hope i can get some cool stuff in there for you to enjoy,

cheers ~Beth

Advertisement