Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on these DVDs

Options
  • 14-01-2000 11:38am
    Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

Right - I'm about to buy a few DVD's a present for a mate of mine and I'd like and opinion on the following DVD's (all region 1 DVD's as well - none of the European sh!te)

Clerks
    Mallrats
    Starship Troopers
    Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrells
    American Pie
    South Park the Movie

Thanks,

Draco

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Starship Troopers - loved it but you're lucky you're buying the region 1. The European version was crap, my first and last Euro DVD buy.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

if you are getting all but one, then dont get mallrats
    if you are only getting one, then get startship troopers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Yeah starship troopers was good I liked American Pie too

Mills

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

OK I have region 1 American Pie (Fairly good) and South Park (****in excellent but no real extras). I own Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels Region2(Euro) and thats not a bad DVD. Starship Troopers is one the way over to me from the states so I'll be able to comment on that by the end of next week smile.gif

Gandalf.

[This message has been edited by gandalf (edited 15-01-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

gandy, i guess i got the same dvd as ou since i got a dell too
    how do you allow it to play region1 dvds as im sure it will only allow region2 dvds to be played on it. also, i really havent the foggiest as to how it all works and fits together, ie. what the drive does, the graphics card and software decoders et al.
    if anyone has a nice informative site, can they post it here...cheers.
    any one want to loan me a dvd or two. im bored witha bugs life smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

This site has a lot of info:
    www.dvdpiracy.com

I read in Empire cracking your DVD drive is not illegal in England. Any one know if the same holds true for here?

Draco

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

WWMan I have a dell but I bought The Creative Encore 6x Kit and not the Dell one(which includes a separate DVD Decoder card) .I use a program called remote selector to make it multi region. It could work for you, you can d/l it from www.visualdomain.net/ . Also have a look on uk.media.dvd, alt.dvd.video newgroups they normally have some good posts there as well.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Mall Rats sucked badly.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Just the DVD or the film? Personally, I thought it was a great film.

Draco

Advertisement