Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE6/Win XP Pro - no history or Temp internet files

Options
  • 21-09-2004 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

I have IE6 installed on XP Pro with all of the latest patches installed.

My problem is that no history is being stored if you click the history icon, although it does autocomplete sites, so they must be stored somewhere. Also, if I look in 'local settings' there are no temporary files being stored after a session.

Anyone know why this could be happening ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

What's the setting in your internet options settings?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

As per previous post, you have checked that days to keep history is set to 20 or something. And you havn't installed any privacy programs that clean down your settings when you logout. Tweak UI used to have a paranoia tab to turn all this off, can't seem to find it in Tweak UI for XP or in the system policy editor even though there other similar settings.

[offtopic]have you considered another browser as a workaround[/offtopic]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Settings are the exact same with the exception that I left the default 1192Mb setting, so no shortage of room for storage & 60Gb left on the disk.

History is set to 8 days & no spyware or tweak ui installed

Odd thing is, its not that it clears when I shut IE down, even during use, when i click history, shows the last 8 days in the list, but all empty, including the current day.

Even odder, file location is showing as standard local settings/temporary internet files, but through explorer, the folder is empty (I have admin rights & settings allw viewing of hidden folders). BUT if i go tools/options/settings/view files, they're all there & the location matches the 'empty' folder through explorer.

Confused yet...I am

Advertisement