Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Modem delivery service

• 21-09-2004 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

What a joke! I've been waiting since last Tuesday for delivery..... I contacted UTV yesterday wondering where is it? and they in turn contacted the Delivery service..... they were informed that the hard working delivery guys tried to deliver it tuesday evening "I thought fair enough I was not in tuesday evening" then they said they tried every other day!!!! I thought what a crock.... I never had a card left informing me they called (which every other firm seems to do) plus I was in at the times they said they tried to deliver. The guy from UTV arranged to have them deliver it to my workplace today but alas where is it? Has anyone else had problems like this with UTV? I'm seriously considering just telling them to not bother delivering and switching to Esat BT..... Whats the point of this thread....... well I'm just blowing steam off really as I can hardly shout around my quiet office....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

What a joke! I've been waiting since last Tuesday for delivery..... I contacted UTV yesterday wondering where is it? and they in turn contacted the Delivery service..... they were informed that the hard working delivery guys tried to deliver it tuesday evening "I thought fair enough I was not in tuesday evening" then they said they tried every other day!!!! I thought what a crock.... I never had a card left informing me they called (which every other firm seems to do) plus I was in at the times they said they tried to deliver. The guy from UTV arranged to have them deliver it to my workplace today but alas where is it? Has anyone else had problems like this with UTV? I'm seriously considering just telling them to not bother delivering and switching to Esat BT..... Whats the point of this thread....... well I'm just blowing steam off really as I can hardly shout around my quiet office....
    UTV dn't do the deliveries themselves - they contract it out. And as far as I know, it's contracted out to exactly thes ame company as ESAT/IOL use (and probably eircom, for all I know).

It's no excuse for a poor service, but I don't think it'll improve by switching to a different provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Wexford2004

Ripwave wrote:
    UTV dn't do the deliveries themselves - they contract it out. And as far as I know, it's contracted out to exactly thes ame company as ESAT/IOL use (and probably eircom, for all I know).

It's no excuse for a poor service, but I don't think it'll improve by switching to a different provider.

Mate Dont kill my Victor Meldrew buzz I have at the moment ;) I feel like I am turning into him this weather, Am I the only who is being turned into Victor with the terrible service providers we have in all aspects of Irish business!!
    I JUST DONT BEEELIVE IT ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I got my modem through SDS.

(They delivered to my neighbour by accident, lucky my neighbour was the honest sort :) ).

Stark wrote:
    I got my modem through SDS.

(They delivered to my neighbour by accident, lucky my neighbour was the honest sort :) ).

So its SDS that deliver them........ no wonder I'm having problems!!! Lets just hope I get mine before its planned closure by An Post....

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Mine was delivered by SDS on schedule to the house. I generally find SDS to be very reliable and efficient especially when you consider their cost. They beat GLS hands down !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Mine arrived via SDS, and I agree with Parsi, I have always found them to be excellent, and have been receiving goods via SDS for years from a lot of suppliers.

Of course, it helps if their is someone in to take delivery during 'Normal working hours'.

Update....... I spent 40 mins last night trying to get through to UTV! I eventually admitted defeat when I found myself humming that stupid repetitive tune they have...... I spent another 20 mins trying this morning but I gave up again......So I have sent an email which I doubt someone will answer..

Hi, I'm contacting you regarding delivery of my modem..I was talking to one of your support team on Monday 20th September. He informed me that the delivery agent stated that they had tried to deliver last tuesday 16th September but no-one was in! I gave them the benefit of the doubt even though I was in and no card was left! Anyway we changed the address for them to deliver it to yesterday but alas no delivery arrived at the new address. I understand that this is a problem on the delivery firms side but I hope you can understand why I am quiet annoyed...I have tried to call but as you can appreciate I cannot tie up the phoneline in work while waiting on hold... My contact number is 01-xxxxxxx, I would greatly appreciate if we could sort this problem out asap.

Kind Regards

Am I being unrealistic to expect service of a high standard??

Advertisement